• Sep 23rd, 2022 11:36 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1530 posts
738 upvotes
Nova Scotia

What are you playing now?

I am always interested in what people are playing currently. Knowing many play multiple games at once but thought it might be fun to have a thread to state what you are playing now and what you think of it. Not an extensive review but maybe 1-2 sentences. Not sure if this type of thread exists if so fee free to delete @Redmask

Mostly a 1 game at a time person but currently playing:

Alan Wake Remastered (PC) - Top 5 game for me and it runs really well on my 3070.

COD MW 2019 (Xbox)- Still playing nightly and while it has some issues not sure if Vanguard will pull me away. Helps I have a good friend playing nightly with me as well.

Mad Max (PS5) - Trudging through and while I do enjoy it and the graphics are great, I feel like its a chore to finish.
285 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
9016 posts
2270 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PS5 - Just beat Lost Judgment and going to finish Death Stranding DC next.

PC - balancing Phasmophobia, Star Wars Battlefront 2, World War Z with friends , waiting for Back 4 Blood sale and also have the Alan Wake version free from Epic still in backlog.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5506 posts
2559 upvotes
Toronto
quicksilver7 wrote: I am always interested in what people are playing currently. Knowing many play multiple games at once but thought it might be fun to have a thread to state what you are playing now and what you think of it. Not an extensive review but maybe 1-2 sentences. Not sure if this type of thread exists if so fee free to delete @Redmask

Alan Wake Remastered (PC) - Top 5 game for me and it runs really well on my 3070.

COD MW 2019 (Xbox)- Still playing nightly and while it has some issues not sure if Vanguard will pull me away. Helps I have a good friend playing nightly with me as well.

Mad Max (PS5) - Trudging through and while I do enjoy it and the graphics are great, I feel like its a chore to finish.
I loved MW2019 and if it weren't for the most recent Battlepass, I'd be playing more MW for sure. My COD right now is generally WZ and Cold War (mostly just Nuketown/Hijacked to rank up guns)

I jumped on Avengers and I'm having a decent time with it.

Just finished Artful Escape, and it was a great chill out kind of game.

I need to get back into Psychonauts 2 - I kinda fell off when the Halo tech previews came out but it's a fantastic game.

I also just downloaded Phoenix Point, and I'm looking forward to try it out... I love tactical turn based games.

Finally, there's the BF 2042 beta, which has really soured me on the final game but I hope they can improve it by release.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1670 posts
718 upvotes
quicksilver7 wrote: I am always interested in what people are playing currently. Knowing many play multiple games at once but thought it might be fun to have a thread to state what you are playing now and what you think of it. Not an extensive review but maybe 1-2 sentences. Not sure if this type of thread exists if so fee free to delete @[Redmask]

What's so good about Alan Wake? It's basically the same game with improved graphics right? Top 5 game of what? This year or all time?

Finished Mad Max a long time ago. Good game. Just need to go back and finish up all the outposts for the 100% completion but currently being beat down by the backlog monster!
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3035 posts
2418 upvotes
With 3 kids and a career I dont have time for any multi-player games unfortunately. So I'm mainly just playing 1 player games on my ps5 when I have a bit of time to myself (maybe once a week for two hours).

Just finished the last of us 2 and am playing God of war. Looking for what I'm going to play next after this is done.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5506 posts
2559 upvotes
Toronto
tim-x wrote: With 3 kids and a career I dont have time for any multi-player games unfortunately. So I'm mainly just playing 1 player games on my ps5 when I have a bit of time to myself (maybe once a week for two hours).

Just finished the last of us 2 and am playing God of war. Looking for what I'm going to play next after this is done.
Oh don't get me wrong, many of us have young kids and a career as well... I have 2 kids and I work regular hours both from home and occasionally on site...

... I just end up playing really late in the evening and getting less sleep than I should be getting Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat

One thing that is annoying though is the amount of grind in games these days. Games that should've been 10 hours get artificially stretched with grinding and repetitive quests meant to force the player to level up to advance
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9298 posts
6613 upvotes
Toronto
GTA IV Complete Edition - Got the urge to play this again after it was being discussed positively in my Twitter gaming group chat. Reinstalled with some tweaks and mods to restore the cut radio tracks and make it run smoother at 4K/60fps. It holds up incredibly well at 4K and is straight up better than GTA V in many ways. Binged through the main Niko story in like a week and playing through Lost and Damned now.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Have been playing through this on and off for months and am nearing the end of ME1. Great visuals, story and dialog but the mission designs of ME1 are a tad too repetitive to play straight through so I'm just taking my time playing it occasionally until I get to ME2-3 at which point I know I'll get hooked and binge through both games.

HITMAN 2 - Picked up the Gold edition on sale recently after playing through the 2016 missions in the Hitman 2 engine over the past year. This is one of my favorite games ever made at this point and I love that I can casually play a mission story or two here and there in between other games.

XCOM 2 - Also been playing this on and off for a year or so now in between other games. Turn based strategy typically isn't my thing but this game is really well made, fun to play and lives up to its reputation.

In addition to above when I feel like multiplayer I'm play occasional casual rounds of BF4, Rocket League, Halo MCC and Forza 7
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3923 upvotes
Toronto and London
Ps5: soon to be done with Miles Morales and may start up Returnal.

NBA 2k22 on the side

XSX: likely will start Master Chief Collection to prep for Halo Infinite.

BF2042 beta

Looking forward to the next 10-15 hour game on GPU that can fill the void of Ori 1/2

Switch: have neglected it but Metroid Dread is arriving soon and as a fan of metroidvania type games (ie ori series), I can't wait!
Last edited by RiftOfChaos on Oct 10th, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5711 posts
1060 upvotes
PS5:
- Control, about halfway through it. Interesting game...really odd but its keeping me interested enough to finish it. I know PS+ gave out all the DLC but with a big backlog, don't know if I'll get around to playing the DLC whenever I'm done the main game.
- I started Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order one night about a week and a half ago and played it for a bit before returning to Control. Will likely start full out playing this after finishing Control.

PS3:
- was playing God of War 1 in hopes of going through all of this series before playing the 2018 game but this has been put on hold....I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through the first game

XSX:
- Gears of War 2; yes I know it's actually a Xbox360 game but was able to find it and start it. I think I'm about 3/4 of the way through just speeding through it. Played the original on my PC quite a few years ago and that was enjoyable. Probably with the 60FPS of this gen, along with my lack of skill in FPS games, I struggled quite a bit at first but have got use to it. They've done the auto HDR thing with this game but wish they'd also added the FPS boost into this game, that would make it great. Plan on going straight into Gears of War 3 right after this I think.
- I was playing Halo MCC (more specifically just the first one) when I was playing Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection (more specifically AC2); but AC2 ended up taking over. When I completed AC2, I ended up finding Gears of War 2 so this is on hold. Will get into it I think after I finish Gears of War 3.
- borrowed Mad Max from the library just to try out on the XSX since I saw it could run at 120FPS. I already have it for free on PS+ but will play it on the XSX with that FPS boost. Will either play it after Gears of War 3 or Halo

I usually get FIFA each year (yes, you can make fun of me for that lol; only play it for the online seasons, not even Ultimate Team), but this year with me finally going through a bunch of single player games I have been wanting to play through, I may not even get this year's version (or at the very least wait til the first sale of it). It also doesn't help that my team (Arsenal) have declined hard in the last few years and are now a shell of what they once were :( .
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1080 posts
967 upvotes
XSX: Scarlet Nexus, not bad so far

PC: Ghostrunner, maybe Dying Light after

Switch: Ace attorney great chronicles 2
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1530 posts
738 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Bryson wrote: What's so good about Alan Wake? It's basically the same game with improved graphics right? Top 5 game of what? This year or all time?

Finished Mad Max a long time ago. Good game. Just need to go back and finish up all the outposts for the 100% completion but currently being beat down by the backlog monster!
Yes remastered graphics and its my top 5 of all time. I am a big King fan and this game plays like a short story for most of it. I do wish they had improved the controls though as that was my only real complaint from the 360 era.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9298 posts
6613 upvotes
Toronto
quicksilver7 wrote: Yes remastered graphics and its my top 5 of all time. I am a big King fan and this game plays like a short story for most of it. I do wish they had improved the controls though as that was my only real complaint from the 360 era.
I might give this game another play in the future as I've only played it on 360 as well and I'm sure it looks 100x better and more immersive on PC with maxed out graphics in 4K. If you like the original that much you should give American Nightmare a try, it's not as good as the original but its a cool short spin off.
Mar 23, 2021
18 posts
5 upvotes
Loved Control and heard about Alan Wake from there. Guess I gotta try it now that there's a remastered version lol
I was playing AOE 2 Definitive Edition earlier
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2235 posts
966 upvotes
Toronto
Eastward on switch.. pretty cool.. will start Metroid dread when I'm done that.. then still pan to play horizon zero dawn on ps4
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3659 posts
5544 upvotes
XSX:
I finished up Katana Zero a little while ago since it's leaving Game Pass on the 15th.
Currently playing through Scarlet Nexus and also loving Mighty Goose! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Switch:
Will be picking up Metroid Dread soon, on a 20x points or redemption bonus SDM day.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8669 posts
9093 upvotes
Toronto
Still playing PUBG... Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1181 posts
315 upvotes
Montréal
PC: Civ 6 and Planet coaster

Ps5: Last of us 2 and NHL 21
Dec 3, 2013
742 posts
1199 upvotes
Somewhere over the r…
PS5- Ghost of Tsushima, Last of us 2, Spiderman

PC- KIngmaker: Wrath of the Righteous

Next in Que- Tales of Arise, Resident Evil Village, Zelda-Skyword Sword

Looks like this will be the year where I can clear up a lot of my backlog. There's not much coming out in the Xmas season that catches my interest compared to previous years and starting next week I start my 6 month holidays
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14945 posts
11381 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Police Quest 1

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1436 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto, ON
XSX
  • Halo 5
  • Red Dead Redemption2
One of the happiest moments in life . . .
"is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)