Real Estate

Locked: What are your REAL feelings on Realtors?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2017 9:23 pm
Tags:

Poll: Your feelings on Realtors?

• Total votes: 82. You have voted on this poll.
I LOVE them, they save me so much time and made the process Amazing

9%
They're OK... I'm impartial to using their services or not.

21%
They suck... I really don't want to hire them but I need one.

49%
They're awful, scum, and I would NEVER use a realtor.

22%
[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes

What are your REAL feelings on Realtors?

How does everyone actually feel on a personal level? I get the smack talk and realtors posting about how much
they provide but what are your thoughts?
35 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1748 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
Oh geezus.

Hasn't this been beaten to death yet? Isn't it pretty darn clear that 98% of RFD'ers hate realtors in any and every capacity and that anyone with a half of a brain could do the "job" of a Realtor and that the industry should be abolished? And the only people who favour Realtors ARE Realtors? Oh, and the term Realturd was invented by RFD.

I guess if you need a poll, go for it. But I think I summarized what you'll find.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
loriblum wrote: Oh geezus.

Hasn't this been beaten to death yet? Isn't it pretty darn clear that 98% of RFD'ers hate realtors in any and every capacity and that anyone with a half of a brain could do the "job" of a Realtor and that the industry should be abolished? And the only people who favour Realtors ARE Realtors? Oh, and the term Realturd was invented by RFD.

I guess if you need a poll, go for it. But I think I summarized what you'll find.
How do you put up with it? I get that you make good money but do those names bother you?

You're clearly still posting on here so maybe not everyone hates realtors?
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1748 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
I just try to enlighten people and based on the number of PM's and clients that I get from RFD, it does seem to have an effect. However, I only chime in when I feel that the industry is being misled because, it often appears that the majority of non-Realtors feel they can do a better job. But it's the shoddy (and sometimes extremely misinformed) guidance and advice that is given that really worries me.

I've been in this industry for more than 22 years. I've seen my fair share of part timers come and go, just as I've seen many professionals from other countries come in and be super successful because they were not able to practise in their original field of expertise in Canada (ie many doctors and lawyers). This isn't just an industry for the money-hungry looking for a quick dollar. Yes, many of those who begin truly do believe that's how it happens. They realize very quickly that it takes quite a lot to be successful.

I am passionate about what I offer (despite hearing how any idiot can do my job and that I actually offer nothing). That's great. People can have any opinion they want. I'm still successful and still really love what I do on a daily.

But yes, it does hurt to be called names. Fortunately, I'm not affected when it comes to the same RFD members who maintain the same, tired comments over and over and over. It's annoying. That's really about as far as it gets. This isn't "real life" where I actually get to prove my worth to most of the posters. It's just a board of opinions. I expect it. I just like to be able to offer a different perspective when I have the time to do so.
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Mar 2, 2016
189 posts
105 upvotes
loriblum wrote: I just try to enlighten people and based on the number of PM's and clients that I get from RFD, it does seem to have an effect. However, I only chime in when I feel that the industry is being misled because, it often appears that the majority of non-Realtors feel they can do a better job. But it's the shoddy (and sometimes extremely misinformed) guidance and advice that is given that really worries me.

I've been in this industry for more than 22 years. I've seen my fair share of part timers come and go, just as I've seen many professionals from other countries come in and be super successful because they were not able to practise in their original field of expertise in Canada (ie many doctors and lawyers). This isn't just an industry for the money-hungry looking for a quick dollar. Yes, many of those who begin truly do believe that's how it happens. They realize very quickly that it takes quite a lot to be successful.

I am passionate about what I offer (despite hearing how any idiot can do my job and that I actually offer nothing). That's great. People can have any opinion they want. I'm still successful and still really love what I do on a daily.

But yes, it does hurt to be called names. Fortunately, I'm not affected when it comes to the same RFD members who maintain the same, tired comments over and over and over. It's annoying. That's really about as far as it gets. This isn't "real life" where I actually get to prove my worth to most of the posters. It's just a board of opinions. I expect it. I just like to be able to offer a different perspective when I have the time to do so.
Good for you. Just keep on doing what you are doing, all that matters is that you are passionate and enjoy what you do. Its sad that you get used to these types of people calling you names and saying these kinds of things but fortunately this is what it is. I dont get how people dont understand that being a realtor is simply someones job/career. Why people gotta hate for? Sorry OP. But this poll is stupid.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
Raptorfan6 wrote: Good for you. Just keep on doing what you are doing, all that matters is that you are passionate and enjoy what you do. Its sad that you get used to these types of people calling you names and saying these kinds of things but fortunately this is what it is. I dont get how people dont understand that being a realtor is simply someones job/career. Why people gotta hate for? Sorry OP. But this poll is stupid.
Heart you bro
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1748 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
Raptorfan6 wrote: Good for you. Just keep on doing what you are doing, all that matters is that you are passionate and enjoy what you do. Its sad that you get used to these types of people calling you names and saying these kinds of things but fortunately this is what it is. I dont get how people dont understand that being a realtor is simply someones job/career. Why people gotta hate for? Sorry OP. But this poll is stupid.
Thank you so much for even taking the time to comment. You didn't have to, but you did. And I really do appreciate it.

I won't vote in this poll because I find it pointless (obviously anyone would know my stance), but as you can already see, there is not one person who will admit to finding any value in a Realtor. Yet I keep providing a service. So really, RFD doesn't speak for the whole world and I'm OK with that ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3788 upvotes
Thornhill
varano wrote: How do you put up with it? I get that you make good money but do those names bother you?

You're clearly still posting on here so maybe not everyone hates realtors?
You're a prolific poster that comes across as anti-Realtor so it begs the question:

why are you? and

do you create posts like this to get under the skins of Realtors or is it to incite heated arguments? I don't get the reason behind them.

Like Leora, I too receive numerous messages that say thank you for providing information or ask for guidance which is given as long as I make sure to respect another brokerage's relationship and in turn it's always appreciated. I don't think I've ever seen those people who are in contact with me ever slagging Realtors. In fact I notice they remain entirely neutral on RFD in the same way that Leora, me and every other Realtor in here respect their enquires as private. Yet I'm fairly certain that were they to respond to such polls they'd have no reason to be negative and would probably show the majority aren't anti-Realtor.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
licenced wrote: You're a prolific poster that comes across as anti-Realtor so it begs the question:

why are you? and

do you create posts like this to get under the skins of Realtors or is it to incite heated arguments? I don't get the reason behind them.

Like Leora, I too receive numerous messages that say thank you for providing information or ask for guidance which is given as long as I make sure to respect another brokerage's relationship and in turn it's always appreciated. I don't think I've ever seen those people who are in contact with me ever slagging Realtors. In fact I notice they remain entirely neutral on RFD in the same way that Leora, me and every other Realtor in here respect their enquires as private. Yet I'm fairly certain that were they to respond to such polls they'd have no reason to be negative and would probably show the majority aren't anti-Realtor.
What a wonderful comment from a realtor.

I create posts like this (this is the first) because this is a forum.

Would you prefer another "OH NOZ THE MARKETS CRASHING" Or maybe "OH NOZ HOUSES ARE TOO MUCH VS ALGERIA"

I'm not anti realtor. In fact my home is currently for sale with a realtor. Does that help you?

I'm genuinely curious as to what level of like or dislike people have for realtors.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
loriblum wrote:
I've been in this industry for more than 22 years. I've seen my fair share of part timers come and go, just as I've seen many professionals from
How can that be? You look 25 in your industry picture.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3788 upvotes
Thornhill
Silly response considering I don't ever a) write like that or b) use such hyperbole.

I checked your posts and that is what I saw an anti-realtor sentiment, maybe even a Realtor obsession.

Yes I noticed your home went up for sale a long time ago via a flat fee Realtor and I actually did think that perhaps you're striking out at the entire industry for your choice.

Perhaps a choice made entirely on the basis of cost.
varano wrote: What a wonderful comment from a realtor.

I create posts like this (this is the first) because this is a forum.

Would you prefer another "OH NOZ THE MARKETS CRASHING" Or maybe "OH NOZ HOUSES ARE TOO MUCH VS ALGERIA"

I'm not anti realtor. In fact my home is currently for sale with a realtor. Does that help you?

I'm genuinely curious as to what level of like or dislike people have for realtors.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
licenced wrote: Silly response considering I don't ever a) write like that or b) use such hyperbole.

I checked your posts and that is what I saw an anti-realtor sentiment, maybe even a Realtor obsession.

Yes I noticed your home went up for sale a long time ago via a flat fee Realtor and I actually did think that perhaps you're striking out at the entire industry for your choice.

Perhaps a choice made entirely on the basis of cost.
I truthfully dont understand what you're saying...
You're saying that I'm lashing out at the industry by making this forum post because I listed with a realtor 9 days ago?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3788 upvotes
Thornhill
varano wrote: I truthfully dont understand what you're saying...
You're saying that I'm lashing out at the industry by making this forum post because I listed with a realtor 9 days ago?
Yes. That is my suspicion.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
licenced wrote: Yes. That is my suspicion.
Man... Pretty sad that 50,000 realtors are on here right now reading my acid posts.. How does RFD pay for all that bandwidth?

I'm not sure that your judgement has any actual result in the end. I sincerely hope this gentleman sells my house. Why wouldn't I want him to?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3788 upvotes
Thornhill
varano wrote: I truthfully dont understand what you're saying...
Oh and in case your calendar is stuck it was 21 days ago plus the days on market, not 9. Goes to credibility...

[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
licenced wrote: Oh and in case your calendar is stuck it was 21 days ago plus the days on market, not 9. Goes to credibility...

lol then you really can't read can you? You should probably get a different profession.

I used a website for flat fee not an agent. An agent listed it on realtor. I filled out all the little papers that you guys do and so forth. All he did was physically put it up. I listed with an agent 9 days ago.
Last edited by varano on Aug 10th, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3788 upvotes
Thornhill
varano wrote: Man... Pretty sad that 50,000 realtors are on here right now reading my acid posts.. How does RFD pay for all that bandwidth?

I'm not sure that your judgement has any actual result in the end. I sincerely hope this gentleman sells my house. Why wouldn't I want him to?
That's what makes me such a fantastic Realtor

Nothing escapes me!

Interesting that you would label your own posts 'acid'? Proves my point.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
licenced wrote: That's what makes me such a fantastic Realtor

Nothing escapes me!

Interesting that you would label your own posts 'acid'? Proves my point.
Interesting that you can't detect sarcasm. I guess some things escape you?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3788 upvotes
Thornhill
varano wrote: lol then you really can't read can you? You should probably get a different profession.

I used a website for flat fee not an agent. An agent listed it on realtor. I filled out all the little papers that you guys do and so forth. All he did was physically put it up. I listed with an agent 9 days ago.
A flat fee posting on the MLS is

are you ready?

a registered brokerage!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1748 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
varano wrote:
How can that be? You look 25 in your industry picture.
Thanks, but I'm 40. You can legally become licensed at 18.

My (first) degree is in Urban and Regional Planning. Graduated with the plan of going into Planning Law but my family (father) is a builder so the necessity for one of us to pursue the sales side was imminent.

(I have an industry pic online? Oh geezus, I should google myself more frequently and see what pops up!)
Last edited by loriblum on Aug 10th, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)