Real Estate

Locked: What are your REAL feelings on Realtors?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2017 9:23 pm
Tags:

Poll: Your feelings on Realtors?

• Total votes: 82. You have voted on this poll.
I LOVE them, they save me so much time and made the process Amazing

9%
They're OK... I'm impartial to using their services or not.

21%
They suck... I really don't want to hire them but I need one.

49%
They're awful, scum, and I would NEVER use a realtor.

22%
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
and you know what the brokerage is?

are you ready?

the agent!

yes, that's right, the brokerage is the agent, not the Realtor representing the brokerage.

what else do you have?
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
licenced wrote: A flat fee posting on the MLS is

are you ready?

a registered brokerage!
Really?? I thought that my local farmer could post on Realtor.ca? I guess I got that confused.

Keep it coming with your semantics
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
loriblum wrote: Thanks, but I'm 40. You can legally become licensed at 18.

My (first) degree is in Urban and Regional Planning. Graduated with the plan of going into Planning Law but my family (father) is a builder so the necessity for one of us to pursue the sales side was imminent.

(I have an industry pic online? Oh geezus, I should google myself more frequently and see what pops up!)
You seem happy with what you do and we all know that theres positives and negatives to every industry.
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
licenced wrote: and you know what the brokerage is?

are you ready?

the agent!

yes, that's right, the brokerage is the agent, not the Realtor representing the brokerage.

what else do you have?
I have to be honest here. As soon as you made your first post. I decided to troll you hard and you spun completely out of control.
I'm sorry you got so angry so quickly. Bros 4 life.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
varano wrote: Really?? I thought that my local farmer could post on Realtor.ca? I guess I got that confused.

Keep it coming with your semantics
That's what happens when you think you're smarter,

you find out you're wrong

Nice try attempting to cover your tracks with your explanation
used a website for flat fee not an agent. An agent listed it on realtor.
Yes, semantics and all, this is bottom of the barrel, seller and buyer 101 stuff that you pretended to know but don't.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
varano wrote: I have to be honest here. As soon as you made your first post. I decided to troll you hard and you spun completely out of control.
I'm sorry you got so angry so quickly. Bros 4 life.
lmao
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
This thread has run its course
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
4529 posts
4060 upvotes
What a stupid poll. Get a life.
Sep 25, 2012
182 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
I think a more constructive discussion would be around the regulations that can be created for Realtors/Real Estate board.
Self regulation is a recipe for disaster.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1043 posts
836 upvotes
BC
Came to this thread looking for insightful commentary, found licenced acting all teen internet warrior, now going back to the real world.
Oct 9, 2011
733 posts
765 upvotes
EAST YORK
Option 3: They suck... I really don't want to hire them but I need one.

Just my personal experience, but I've never come across a realtor I'd consider "good"
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
10009 upvotes
Edmonton
None of your responses are appropriate for me, and frankly, they're biased in an "anti-realtor" fashion (IMHO).

I've had two real estate transactions in the past two years. Used two different realtors for them. The first one was the friend of my GF. He gave us a solid deal to list our property, and even though the deal we had stated he wasn't going to help with the sale after he put the listing up, he ended up doing a fair amount of work to make the sale happen. He did this for the flat fee we negotiated up front, and never hinted at requesting any extra money for the extra work he did.

The second transaction was the purchase of a house. We were going around to open houses, and had a good conversation with this realtor. Liked him, and when the realtor listed above seemed too distracted by other stuff in his life, we decided to give this new guy a shot. He went way above and beyond what I would have expected, and I've recommended him to anyone I hear looking for a realtor in Edmonton. We had multiple Saturdays and Sundays that he dedicated to us, going to 10+ showings in a day.

Perhaps the reason you're having unsatisfactory experiences is because you're choosing to work with the cheapest realtor you can find. Finding someone willing to work for the minimum amount of money often means finding the person who wants to do the minimum amount of work... Just something to consider.

Anti-realtor zealots, bring on the down-votes!

C
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
I have to say, the ims from the creator of this thread are fast, furious and creepier with each one.
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
licenced wrote: I have to say, the ims from the creator of this thread are fast, furious and creepier with each one.
Heart you bro. You and me, open house tag team. Exclusive to RFD.
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
CNeufeld wrote: None of your responses are appropriate for me, and frankly, they're biased in an "anti-realtor" fashion (IMHO).

I've had two real estate transactions in the past two years. Used two different realtors for them. The first one was the friend of my GF. He gave us a solid deal to list our property, and even though the deal we had stated he wasn't going to help with the sale after he put the listing up, he ended up doing a fair amount of work to make the sale happen. He did this for the flat fee we negotiated up front, and never hinted at requesting any extra money for the extra work he did.

The second transaction was the purchase of a house. We were going around to open houses, and had a good conversation with this realtor. Liked him, and when the realtor listed above seemed too distracted by other stuff in his life, we decided to give this new guy a shot. He went way above and beyond what I would have expected, and I've recommended him to anyone I hear looking for a realtor in Edmonton. We had multiple Saturdays and Sundays that he dedicated to us, going to 10+ showings in a day.

Perhaps the reason you're having unsatisfactory experiences is because you're choosing to work with the cheapest realtor you can find. Finding someone willing to work for the minimum amount of money often means finding the person who wants to do the minimum amount of work... Just something to consider.

Anti-realtor zealots, bring on the down-votes!

C
Hmmm Id say thats Option 1
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
10009 upvotes
Edmonton
varano wrote: Hmmm Id say thats Option 1
Not really. They were just professionals, doing their jobs. And doing it well.

C