Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 9:27 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12991 upvotes
JoeStale wrote: A gluten free, low carb, high protein bar? Looks like Costco is riding the diets fads on this one.
Who isn't?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2701 upvotes
ON
JoeStale wrote: A gluten free, low carb, high protein bar? Looks like Costco is riding the diets fads on this one.
How dare they stock products that people ask for (and buy)!

If you don't want it, don't buy it, carry on down the aisle.
What's the big deal?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1877 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
aqnd wrote: How dare they stock products that people ask for (and buy)!

If you don't want it, don't buy it, carry on down the aisle.
What's the big deal?
Because it promotes stupid diet fads that don't work.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12991 upvotes
So? It's not like they wouldn't just buy stupid crap elsewhere.

Plus it's not a diet fad to some people. Gluten intolerance is a thing.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2701 upvotes
ON
Cas77 wrote: For anyone in Quebec (or Nepean, ON since they're the only ones outside QC to carry it..not available in the GTA don't waste your time);

I blind-bought Riviera Yogurt in the little reusable glass containers (12x120g for $8.99 vanilla/lime/strawberry) and they are orgasmic. Very light almost fluffy texture, almost like mousse and very subtle flavoring instead of the usual overpowering synthetic yogurt flavor.

They're made by Laiterie Chalifoux and their website has a bunch of stuff you can do with the containers after...pretty cool. The whole thing has a very artisan/family feel to it.

So I urge everyone in Quebec to go buy some so they don't stop carrying this gem!!!
Hope they expand to all Costco stores.
I picked some up at loblaws after reading about it here, and very good.
I normally buy the cheap Astro yogurt and world of difference.
Little pricy, but I actually needed little glass jars for something else, so not really spending more than I would have ($2 yogurt + $2 at dollar store vs $4 for yogurt)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
548 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
death_hawk wrote: So? It's not like they wouldn't just buy stupid crap elsewhere.

Plus it's not a diet fad to some people. Gluten intolerance is a thing.
Gluten tolerance is a much bigger thing.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12991 upvotes
jayt90 wrote: Gluten tolerance is a much bigger thing.
True, but gluten tolerance can eat gluten free things.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5017 posts
548 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
death_hawk wrote: True, but gluten tolerance can eat gluten free things.
I wouldn't pay extra for over-hyped, faddish, and gluten free.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1877 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
jayt90 wrote: I wouldn't pay extra for over-hyped, faddish, and gluten free.
I hear it will also be organic in the next version and have Atkin's seal of approval.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3478 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
I tried the korean stir fry bulgogi beef and it is good. Would recommend.

[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i36 ... oi7mdn.jpg[/IMG]

Has anyone tried the stuffed salmon and is it any good?

[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i36 ... nkrusj.jpg[/IMG]

Don't buy the maple chipotle short ribs, it was bad.

[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i36 ... 42pjks.jpg[/IMG]
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4113 upvotes
Ottawa
Why do you care what people buy with THEIR money to put in THEIR mouths? Oh wait it's a Costco thread so you had to come in and show everyone you have the maturity of a blueberry scone. Carry on folks.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6876 posts
1567 upvotes
Anybody else finding their location carrying fewer varieties of cakes?

I've been waiting for either the Limoncello or Strawberry Shortcake they have been stocking in early summer/spring and neither have appeared.

And... if anybody spots wild salmon in stock, please post. I have such a craving for fresh wild salmon!!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3478 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote: Anybody else finding their location carrying fewer varieties of cakes?

I've been waiting for either the Limoncello or Strawberry Shortcake they have been stocking in early summer/spring and neither have appeared.

And... if anybody spots wild salmon in stock, please post. I have such a craving for fresh wild salmon!!
I saw the coconut cream cake and the tuxedo brick cake. Have not seen the strawberryshortcake
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2201 posts
446 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
bonterra wrote: Anybody else finding their location carrying fewer varieties of cakes?

Yup, its a rather dull selection right now. I get annoyed when I see what they have at Costco in the US. Everything they have for us right now is to heavy for this time of year. I was so annoyed when one of my relatives told me their Costco in the US had a fresh fruit flan with a vanilla custard!! Why can't we get that.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2242 posts
789 upvotes
Ontario
boredstudent3 wrote: I tried the korean stir fry bulgogi beef and it is good. Would recommend.

[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i36 ... oi7mdn.jpg[/IMG]

Has anyone tried the stuffed salmon and is it any good?

[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i36 ... nkrusj.jpg[/IMG]

Don't buy the maple chipotle short ribs, it was bad.

[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i36 ... 42pjks.jpg[/IMG]
Stuff salmon is good. I'd say try it and then make it yourself at home with fish scrap, imitation crab, mayonnaise, Shrimp, and seasoning
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6876 posts
1567 upvotes
JACKIE26 wrote: Yup, its a rather dull selection right now. I get annoyed when I see what they have at Costco in the US. Everything they have for us right now is to heavy for this time of year. I was so annoyed when one of my relatives told me their Costco in the US had a fresh fruit flan with a vanilla custard!! Why can't we get that.
We have Tiramisu, Coconut Cream, Tuxedo, Strawberry Cheesecake, and the birthday decorated type cakes. And a Berry Tart.

If you see the LaRocca Key Lime Crunch cake (we've been buying it at Metro, it's delicious.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9439 posts
3710 upvotes
Toronto
was looking for tahini today but the location i was at didn't have any. i decided to try out something called superbutter, which is made of sunflower, sesame and flax seeds. not really the best swap for tahini but tastes quite good.
if anyone has a peanut allergy it's a pretty good replacement for peanut butter. it is much thinner though. i just put it in the fridge upside down to redistribute the oil that was floating on top. hoping it will thicken up as it gets colder.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9439 posts
3710 upvotes
Toronto
jackie999 wrote: Oh that's interesting, I didn't know Sunbutter was available - I've been looking for it for this recipe, http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2014/1 ... okies.html
If you are near a bulkbarn, they have tahini...
i didn't notice Sunbutter there. the one i got was called superbutter. i imagine it would be a good swap to use in your cookies.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
1279 posts
904 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: i didn't notice Sunbutter there. the one i got was called superbutter. i imagine it would be a good swap to use in your cookies.
What are the seeds in the Superbutter?