Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2021 5:21 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6872 posts
1565 upvotes
The Old Dutch Humpty Dumpty recipe BBQ chips are back. The classic BBQ chip flavour. So good.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4454 posts
3518 upvotes
Just saw they now have beyond meat Italian sausage for $20 for 3 packs of 4 sausages. These are typically$8 pack at super marketd
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19944 posts
4532 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Time for a Christmas Cheese Surprise from Costco: The Lancashire "Bomb" from England!!

I stumbled across this unique "bomb" cheese at Costco, and saved it for New Year's Eve. It didn't disappoint! This Lancashire "Bomb" is encased in wax and aged 2 years. It's supposed to be eaten within 3 days of breaking the seal.

This one was a big hit with my family!
It starts off mild and creamy, but has a strong, spicy and complex aftertaste that stays with you for quite a while. The overall texture is closer to that of a real parmesan cheese, in that you can't really cube this one up. You have to dig it out with a spoon or knife and spread it. It partially crumbles and spreads.

We tried it on crackers initially, but it also paired extremely well at breakfast time on fresh baked bread with a drizzle of pure date syrup.
For my final attempt, I crumbled a bunch of this into a bowl of freshly cooked pasta, and also chopped up some Spanish chorizo. This was another winner, making the pasta slightly gooey, and adding a strong and delicious aftertaste. I loved it!

I don't know if this was a seasonal item (Christmas only) or if they will be carrying it regularly. Just remember it should be eaten within 3 days of opening.

Item Number: 1462002
Price: $12.99
Size: 450g

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

Image 4:
* Those black specs are just bits of wax that got carried inside by the knife. Make sure you wash the outside with soap before cutting.

Image 5:

Image 6:

Image 7:
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2317 posts
3119 upvotes
Speaking of cheese there's a new manchego I spotted this week at C Mississauga. Don Juan manchego 12-month DOP - $13.49 (1511945) 500g, product of Spain.

FWIW, the Kirkland manchego is a 6-month age and is $12.99 for 500g.

I'll grab one next time I'm at that store and post a comparison.
Apr 10, 2019
341 posts
573 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm no foodie or chicken wing expert, but I'm very curious what makes these pre-cooked frozen chicken wings worth over $25/kg?

https://www.costco.ca/fully-cooked-dust ... 33662.html

https://www.costco.ca/fully-cooked-star ... 33683.html

The most I've ever paid is probably $12 kg. Sure these come in a cooler box...but how do they get to $110 (or $130 when not on sale) for 4kg of chicken wings?
May 10, 2007
949 posts
214 upvotes
Etobicoke
Anyone try the Kirkland chili on sale this week before?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
44184 posts
7257 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
GrumpyOne1 wrote: I'm no foodie or chicken wing expert, but I'm very curious what makes these pre-cooked frozen chicken wings worth over $25/kg?

https://www.costco.ca/fully-cooked-dust ... 33662.html

https://www.costco.ca/fully-cooked-star ... 33683.html

The most I've ever paid is probably $12 kg. Sure these come in a cooler box...but how do they get to $110 (or $130 when not on sale) for 4kg of chicken wings?
It says no injection and minimal ingredients.
If what they say is actually true, that might be it.
These days they use tricks like injecting chicken with sodium phosphate to increase weight.

Example... i bought a turkey $18 for 6.65kg! 15 pounder!
So cheap right...
After cooking , i got a sauce pot full of liquid! Made for good gravy. But the amount of liquid cooked out shocked me. And the meat retained so much moisture. It was for sure juice up. I actually over cooked it! But because of all that moisture it was ok.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)