Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 3:12 pm
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3521 posts
734 upvotes
Brampton
stack1 wrote: The lastest new thing that I really like is the gluten free zucchini pizza crust kit. One of my kids is gf, and he likes it, but we all eat it.

The chocolate hummus is pretty good too, but a 2 pack goes a long way. Not sure if that will be a repeat.
I sampled the chocolate hummus last week, I thought it was ok but the kids gave it a solid "YUCK" even though it tastes really sweet. Its also on sale this week, almost bought it anyways.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2234 posts
2769 upvotes
Skillet gnocchi (filled with cheese), holy crap that stuff is good.
Jun 14, 2009
564 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone seen this KCup brand in Costco lately (See below, I've cut and pasted from another thread in the past and have been buying it the past few months)? I've been waiting for it in Burlington but they have been out of stock the past 2 weeks... Wondering if it's widely available elsewhere or it's costco wide unavailable... thanks!

[Costco] Java Gold Donut Shop, Medium Roast, 120 K-Cup Pods $29.99
Price:$29.99/120Retailer:CostcoCostco logo
More offers from Costco
Java Gold Donut Shop Blend. Works out to 25 cents a cup. Fair Trade and pretty decent IMO.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1343 posts
1218 upvotes
Toronto
eilrach wrote: Has anyone seen this KCup brand in Costco lately (See below, I've cut and pasted from another thread in the past and have been buying it the past few months)? I've been waiting for it in Burlington but they have been out of stock the past 2 weeks... Wondering if it's widely available elsewhere or it's costco wide unavailable... thanks!

[Costco] Java Gold Donut Shop, Medium Roast, 120 K-Cup Pods $29.99
Price:$29.99/120Retailer:CostcoCostco logo
More offers from Costco
Java Gold Donut Shop Blend. Works out to 25 cents a cup. Fair Trade and pretty decent IMO.
Saw this at the Richmond Hill location on the weekend.
Jun 14, 2009
564 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
thanks, at least i know it's not been discontinued and i can try to search for it in other costco locations... (i did ask my home costco and they did say it's still an active product but haven't seem them the past 2 weeks so go figure)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4507 posts
1764 upvotes
Ancaster
Kirkland Genovese Pesto dropped to $7.99 again in Ancaster. We bought a jar and...it's actually pretty good. It doesn't match fresh homemade, but it's good enough for quick dinners and lunches. Sodium content is pretty high, so we reduce the amount we would usually use and supplement with a bit more olive oil and toss in freshly ground pine nuts or walnuts to balance it out.
Jan 21, 2017
26 posts
59 upvotes
eonibm wrote: Olivia Wild Argentinian Shrimp 20/40, only available at Costco, which is processed right when it comes off the boat in Argentina with no chemicals added.

Note that all other such Wild Argentinian shrimp available at other retailers have chemicals added and are frozen, shipped thousands of km to Peru, Vietnam or China to be thawed and processed, then frozen again and shipped back to North America.

Also love Costco's frozen wild blueberries and frozen wild salmon. I also buy my 1% milk there, prunes, mixed unsalted nuts, fruit and vegetables and most clothes.
I did not know that Costco carried wild shrimp. Thanks for the info.

I always buy the organic washed "Earthbound" mixed greens. Always the best price in town and seems to be fresh at least to the best before date.

Mushrooms
Pumpkin pies in the fall when in season
Chicken Pie (as mentioned in one of the earlier posts)
Nuts Best price generally for nuts for baking etc.
Kirkland olive oil Kirkland is the only house brand that I find to be consistently high quality and of good value. At one time some twenty years ago I thought the same of Presidents Choice.
I generally don't buy condiments and spices at Costco. Probably a good value if you have someone to share with.
Aussie Bits
Steel cut oats
SunMaid Organic Raisons
Dried Gourmet Mushroom Mix when they have it.
Kirkland Quinoa I use my rice cooker to cook my Quinoa. Most quinoa has to be rinsed several times to remove the natural coating. Kirkland's Quinoa is prewashed.
Will start buying their Organic Chicken.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10839 posts
5908 upvotes
Markham
JACKIE26 wrote: Anyone try this Paella kit yet? I saw it at the Ancaster Costco on the weekend. Looks good, but you never know, and I never return food.
https://costcocouple.com/sogel-fresh-cooked-paella/
I wouldn't chance it as pre-cooked paella (or really any pre fully cooked rice dish like risotto) is not a good idea IMO.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
May 10, 2008
401 posts
326 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Frozen bakery items. We've started a group buy at work so I'm gonna go through my freezer tomorrow and make room! ^_^
Aug 31, 2012
490 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
JACKIE26 wrote: Anyone try this Paella kit yet? I saw it at the Ancaster Costco on the weekend. Looks good, but you never know, and I never return food.
https://costcocouple.com/sogel-fresh-cooked-paella/
Finally got to try it and it’s amazing. I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn’t expecting much but the flavour was good and the portion size is deceivingly bigger than the box with lots of seafood pieces.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2234 posts
2769 upvotes
Maplesugar25 wrote: Finally got to try it and it’s amazing. I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn’t expecting much but the flavour was good and the portion size is deceivingly bigger than the box with lots of seafood pieces.
How did you warm it up?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1628 posts
306 upvotes
BC
I'm still waiting for my on line order from Costco. Out of the 18 items only received 1 (Starbucks). Already been charged and UPS message says the remainder has been delayed. Its been over 2 weeks now. What a waste of money and time.
If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything. – Mark Twain
Aug 31, 2012
490 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
13inches wrote: How did you warm it up?
The rice is boiled in a bag, then put into a fry pan with the seafood. Usually I don’t like boiling in bags but this was a short time. Takes less than 10 minutes.
Dec 7, 2009
378 posts
181 upvotes
burbs
insync44 wrote: I'm still waiting for my on line order from Costco. Out of the 18 items only received 1 (Starbucks). Already been charged and UPS message says the remainder has been delayed. Its been over 2 weeks now. What a waste of money and time.
Our order took 12 days and arrived destroyed. Box was barely holding together and 2 out of 5 items were damaged. UPS driver just dropped the box on the porch, rang the doorbell and literally sprinted back to the truck. Called Costco and they eventually refunded the damaged items and said just keep them or throw them out.