Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 3:12 pm
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
24972 posts
4210 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Costco has large bags of the Collision Doritos Limited Edition. The ones that are blue cheese and buffalo wing combination.
Damn, was just there the other day but didn't go into the chip aisle at all. Wish I had.
Now if only Doritos would bring back their guacamole chips
Nov 8, 2012
639 posts
521 upvotes
London, ON
13inches wrote: Skillet gnocchi (filled with cheese), holy crap that stuff is good.
I both love and hate you for this cosign- these are so good, I’m going to have to work hard to avoid buying them each and every time. Wow. So simple and delicious!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2236 posts
2779 upvotes
stilltippin wrote: I both love and hate you for this cosign- these are so good, I’m going to have to work hard to avoid buying them each and every time. Wow. So simple and delicious!
Now finish them with a toss in butter, sprinkle some cayenne, and shave a touch of parmigiano on top.

You're welcome! Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 27, 2009
67 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bonterra wrote: Costco has large bags of the Collision Doritos Limited Edition. The ones that are blue cheese and buffalo wing combination.
Keep trying to find these again but no longer being offered at my local Costco.... Same with those Dunn Dill pickle chips
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4121 posts
743 upvotes
Richmond
milolai wrote: i actually buy very little from costco because it's only two of us in our home -- and most of the stuff goes bad (or we get bored of it) before it can be finished -- so we'd save no money

I think costco caters more to an obese suburban family
Depends on what you buy. They are the cheapest in good honey.
Dec 11, 2004
202 posts
4 upvotes
Angel Girl wrote: Frozen bakery items. We've started a group buy at work so I'm gonna go through my freezer tomorrow and make room! ^_^
I know there are chocolate chip cookies and croissants and I can see the price on the business centre site. Are there other items that we can buy frozen? I never got a chance to go ask around since I learned about it after covid got started.
May 10, 2008
403 posts
326 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
nerak wrote: I know there are chocolate chip cookies and croissants and I can see the price on the business centre site. Are there other items that we can buy frozen? I never got a chance to go ask around since I learned about it after covid got started.
Those are the items I’ve tried so far, but I think you can pretty much get anything they bake up in store.... like buns and strudels.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4535 posts
1069 upvotes
Regina
you have to wear masks starting May 4th...can be scarf or shawl or whatever...go in wearing a motorbike helmet
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4535 posts
1069 upvotes
Regina
tried those Keg Burgers for the first time tonight, pretty damned good....ate 2.5 of them with other stuff and I am pretty damned stuffed...would buy again for sure
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11275 posts
1331 upvotes
nerak wrote: I know there are chocolate chip cookies and croissants and I can see the price on the business centre site. Are there other items that we can buy frozen? I never got a chance to go ask around since I learned about it after covid got started.
We buy frozen brioche dough. Comes with 150 balls. It raw dough so you need to defrost and proof before baking. Very useful for making many different things. My favorite is to make Korean sausage buns.
Last edited by slowtyper on May 2nd, 2020 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6154 posts
556 upvotes
BC
hordosr wrote: you have to wear masks starting May 4th...can be scarf or shawl or whatever...go in wearing a motorbike helmet
Not everywhere.. our store is not doing it
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4535 posts
1069 upvotes
Regina
Keelie wrote: Not everywhere.. our store is not doing it
i heard someone say just the states now
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4657 posts
475 upvotes
Burlington
hordosr wrote: i heard someone say just the states now
Not confirmed in Canada yet. It would be posted here if that changes.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1611 posts
1182 upvotes
GTA West
Our Costco is now carrying the finger bananas. The ones in the other stores are often past their prime but these little bad boys were in perfect condition. Bought one hand last week, had to get two this time!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1611 posts
1182 upvotes
GTA West
kasm wrote: With long wait times getting in, when is the best time to visit Costco? Is there a cut off time at the end of the day? For example if they close at 8:30pm, do they stop people from lining up at 7:30pm?
We went at 19:15 last week and there was only a short 10 minute wait. They were still allowing people in as we were leaving and there was hardly a line at that point.

At first we found the Costco morning senior hour to have crazy busy lines but today we got in quickly. We arrived at 07:30 for the scheduled 0:800 opening and they let us in at 07:45. However, we have diverted some of our shopping to the big grocery chains we never used before like Metro and Sobeys. We find they are almost empty early in the morning. Sure, they cost more.