Food & Drink

What is on your shopping list for Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 3:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6847 posts
1535 upvotes
Dum258 wrote: That's awesome. Did you see the Doritos Collisions Habanero & Guacamole flavour by any chance?
I have NEVER seen those. But, I'll watch for them now.

BTW, Ruffles Hot Wing and Cheeseburger Limited Edition are back.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2624 posts
1508 upvotes
Toronto
Dum258 wrote:
That's awesome. Did you see the Doritos Collisions Habanero & Guacamole flavour by any chance?
bonterra wrote:
BTW, Ruffles Hot Wing and Cheeseburger Limited Edition are back.
I haven't seen these two flavours yet! Patiently waiting for it to make an appearance soon.

BTW, I heard Kewpie mayo made an appearance recently up in Yorktech location?
Aug 9, 2010
1 posts
I too tried the Deli Cart Sausages from Costco, and did not like them - after pre-boiling slightly, then quickly grilling on the BBQ, the casings were tough, even though the inside tasted fine....would not buy again. I don't want to fight with chewy casings!! Could not contact company for any info, or feedback either...not impressed! They're more like a brat then a hot dog in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4535 posts
1069 upvotes
Regina
had some of the Fletchers Maple and Smoked bacon tonight - bought from the last time there was a sale....i have had it b4 but damn that is good bacon....so much meat on this batch...cooked in the oven at 375 just perfectly done not too crisp not too limp...with homemade bread french toast w butter and maple syrup....am satisfied when i make with quality ingredients...on to the small ham tomorrow- $11, also from costco
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4290 posts
1343 upvotes
Vancouver
Costco Surrey BC (King George Blvd) has the whole bean Level Ground "Tanzania" med-dark roast in stock ($16.99). It's not on sale but if I was not already loaded up with med-dark and dark roasts I would have brought home a bag. They also have pre-ground Seattle's Best #4 dark roast in stock. First time I have seen it in this store in years though other stores in the Vancouver area carry it.

Also, the store still has at least one skid of Level Ground "Africa" med-dark roast which I have previously bought a couple of times. I find it perfectly acceptable but I know other RFD'rs have indicated they want the Tanzania roast.

May 28, 2012
10920 posts
3092 upvotes
Saskatoon
I noticed Costco has reduced the price of vanilla from $39.99 to $32.99. Some of the bottles were very dusty so I don't think they're a big seller these days. I have been making my own but started buying the PC Black label brand (both the paste and extract) because I've been making a lot of ice cream lately and my homemade doesn't seem to be as strongly flavoured.

Has the price of boneless pork chops increased across the country? I used to buy them for around $7.99/kg and now it's something like $12.99.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3195 posts
648 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Mars2012 wrote: I noticed Costco has reduced the price of vanilla from $39.99 to $32.99. Some of the bottles were very dusty so I don't think they're a big seller these days. I have been making my own but started buying the PC Black label brand (both the paste and extract) because I've been making a lot of ice cream lately and my homemade doesn't seem to be as strongly flavoured.
I bought a kirkland vanilla a few months back because I've tried other brands but always go back to the kirkland because I like the taste. What I don't like (it drives me nuts!) is how messy it is to use - I always lose a few drops on the lid/side :( If anyone has a solution I'm all ears !
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12960 upvotes
cluless wrote:

BTW, I heard Kewpie mayo made an appearance recently up in Yorktech location?
GVRD has Kewpie too.

Mars2012 wrote: Has the price of boneless pork chops increased across the country?
The bones went up too it seems like.
jackie999 wrote: What I don't like (it drives me nuts!) is how messy it is to use - I always lose a few drops on the lid/side :( If anyone has a solution I'm all ears !
You could repack it. Something like a dropper bottle would eliminate drips.
Brown glass would also help with light too.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3195 posts
648 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Picked up a Solar Escape (Grasslands?) hat this week. I missed out last year and grabbed it when I saw it. Quality seems good and it really shades well...
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1595 posts
5627 upvotes
Toronto
jackie999 wrote: Picked up a Solar Escape (Grasslands?) hat this week. I missed out last year and grabbed it when I saw it. Quality seems good and it really shades well...
You posted in the RFD Food & Drink forum about a hat?
I think RFD needs a general Costco product discussion thread.
May 28, 2012
10920 posts
3092 upvotes
Saskatoon
Ground beef was down to $7.69/kg from $9.99/kg last week. I bought some Tri-tip steak and it grilled up beautifully....nicely marbled and no gristle, good value for $19.99/kg.

They finally got the twin pack Takeya/Thermoflasks back in stock - $25.99.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2232 posts
2765 upvotes
A few recent items:

Olivia frozen scallops
https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/oli ... 82251.html
They are wet frozen so they do shed a lot of water when thawing. The bag they come in is not resealable. Flavor is great and they still taste fresh despite being IQF. I'll buy this again.

Olivia Yellowfin Tuna (6pcs, frozen)
Not as satisfied with this. At least half of the pieces in the bag had some sinewy bits in it. Flavor was ok but nothing special. I think I'll stick with fresh tuna.

Goikoa Uncooked Chorizo (2x 8pcs)
This is a pretty new item. I normally buy the cured chorizo from the same brand so I wanted to try this uncooked version when I saw it. They were easy to cook on the grill, I found them to be quite salty when eating. I'd buy these again and take a bit more care in how I serve them.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1140 posts
1536 upvotes
jackie999 wrote: I bought a kirkland vanilla a few months back because I've tried other brands but always go back to the kirkland because I like the taste. What I don't like (it drives me nuts!) is how messy it is to use - I always lose a few drops on the lid/side :( If anyone has a solution I'm all ears !
Get yourself a dropper bottle and use the larger bottle to refill.

Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11262 posts
1327 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote: Ground beef was down to $7.69/kg from $9.99/kg last week. I bought some Tri-tip steak and it grilled up beautifully....nicely marbled and no gristle, good value for $19.99/kg.

They finally got the twin pack Takeya/Thermoflasks back in stock - $25.99.
Was it labelled tri tip steak or something else? Never seen that .

Recently got some oxtail at Costco. Never saw it there before.
May 28, 2012
10920 posts
3092 upvotes
Saskatoon
slowtyper wrote: Was it labelled tri tip steak or something else? Never seen that .

Recently got some oxtail at Costco. Never saw it there before.
Yes, it was labeled as tri-tip. I don't have the package anymore but will likely pick up another when I do my shop next week.