Pets

what is your thought about ordering tea cup puppy from Korea online retailer?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2021 7:07 am
[OP]
Oct 22, 2016
429 posts
139 upvotes

what is your thought about ordering tea cup puppy from Korea online retailer?

Hello all,

Went to Canada Pet Expo today and met a couple who purchased their Cavapoo from this online seller based in korea. They recommend me to check it out.

http://koreateacuppuppies.com/
https://www.instagram.com/koreateacuppuppies_toronto/

What do you guys think? Any thoughts about ordering korean puppies online?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1593 posts
962 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
Worst idea ever!

So many red flags.
1: Any breed of dog that's bred to be as small as possible have many health issues, usually because they are breeding runt to runt to get them small.

2: Buying from overseas you won't be able to tell if it's from a reputable breeder or a puppy mill unless you're willing to fly over and check out the breeder in person.

3: If you're buying them from Korea, the puppy has to be flown over to Canada, right now in the middle of winter, and the puppy will be flying cargo... For 24 hours...in the freezing cold. Even if the cargo hold is heated, it's usually to a bare minimum. And there's also the risk of the puppy sitting on the tarmac for a good amount of time while waiting to be loaded. This will be an 8 week old tiny puppy in the freezing cold.

Unless you're willing to go to Korea, check out the breeder in person and bring the puppy back with you in the cabin, I would pass.

If you love animals, you will not subject it to that kind of trauma.
Aug 18, 2019
375 posts
324 upvotes
kittypink wrote: Worst idea ever!

So many red flags.
1: Any breed of dog that's bred to be as small as possible have many health issues, usually because they are breeding runt to runt to get them small.

2: Buying from overseas you won't be able to tell if it's from a reputable breeder or a puppy mill unless you're willing to fly over and check out the breeder in person.

3: If you're buying them from Korea, the puppy has to be flown over to Canada, right now in the middle of winter, and the puppy will be flying cargo... For 24 hours...in the freezing cold. Even if the cargo hold is heated, it's usually to a bare minimum. And there's also the risk of the puppy sitting on the tarmac for a good amount of time while waiting to be loaded. This will be an 8 week old tiny puppy in the freezing cold.

Unless you're willing to go to Korea, check out the breeder in person and bring the puppy back with you in the cabin, I would pass.

If you love animals, you will not subject it to that kind of trauma.
☝️Hundred Points Symbol
~ 👍[email protected]✌️~
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1593 posts
962 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
Oh, I also forgot to mention hypoglycemia.
Look up hypoglycemia in small breed puppies. It has to do with low blood sugar. Small breed puppies are particularly susceptible. They need to have their blood sugar regulated ie they need to eat every few hours. A direct flight from Seoul to Toronto is approximately 15 hours. Hypoglycemia is very dangerous for puppies and can be fatal.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
1072 posts
580 upvotes
They are having a Black Friday sale right now.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2016
429 posts
139 upvotes
Thanks for the advices. I will put deposit with breeder
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
1072 posts
580 upvotes
coolmanfever wrote: Thanks for the advices. I will put deposit with breeder
Please share your experience once you receive your puppy
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12189 posts
3179 upvotes
--
coolmanfever wrote: Thanks for the advices. I will put deposit with breeder
I originally assumed you were buying the Korea dog and saw you went a different route. So this msg has been edited.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)