• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2020 2:34 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
3150 posts
7726 upvotes
Ontario

What Zellers are still open?

I moved to downtown Toronto a few months ago, so I never see Zellers anymore. I used to live in Aurora, and just a couple of days ago my parents were talking about the great sales going on. The Zellers at Thorncliffe Park has been closed and under renovations for weeks now, so I had assumed they all were. Any other ones left? I wouldn't mind trying to see if there is anything left at this point.
41 replies
Aug 23, 2010
990 posts
90 upvotes
go to zellers store locator

it'll tell you which ones are open/closed/liquidating near you
Contests Won: None :mad:
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
2207 posts
1398 upvotes
Etobicoke
The last wave of sales has begun so there are still plenty of stores with overpriced crap for sale.
-----------------------------------------------------

"It's better to be dead and cool...than alive and uncool!"
Jul 12, 2012
24 posts
1 upvote
WATERLOO
in my area some stores are closing in Jan of next year. Therefore there is still some time.
May 2, 2009
47 posts
3 upvotes
Ajax
The one here in Ajax is still open. The prices are hit and miss though. I did by three sets of loafers though for $45! And a couple of t-shirts for $8 each but really not truly special pricing.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1256 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
Cloverdale still open - having huge sales it seems.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1816 posts
302 upvotes
Pluto
I believe the Zellers at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga is still open. I'm not 100% sure though, best bet would be to call and ask. :)
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
3150 posts
7726 upvotes
Ontario
So many of these closing started a month ago. Talk about missing out! Thanks for the tips!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2005
1528 posts
183 upvotes
Burnaby
Skilas wrote: So many of these closing started a month ago. Talk about missing out! Thanks for the tips!
You didn't miss out on SQUAT. The liquidation sales were just traps for all the idiots who wouldn't know a true bargain if it came up and bit them on the nose, but are easily dazzled by signs promising big discounts. Most of the deals were no better than you could have got through the Zellers weekly flyers (when they actually chose to stock the items and honour the sale prices, that is.)

People pushing out shopping carts full of garbage they would not ordinarily buy and probably will never use is hardly my idea of getting a great deal.
"I count as braver he who conquers his desires than he who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over the self." - Aristotle
Jul 9, 2012
80 posts
11 upvotes
ACTON
Both the Erin Mills Town Centre & Sheridan Mall stores in Mississauga are still open and operating as regular Zellers stores. Both of the locations look likely to remain as full line Zellers stores until the end of the year. Although both sites leases were acquired by Target, neither of them are on the 2013 list of Target store openings. Zellers does have to vacate the stores by January 31, 2013 - so I imagine the stores will go into liquidation in November some time.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
Wingding wrote: You didn't miss out on SQUAT. The liquidation sales were just traps for all the idiots who wouldn't know a true bargain if it came up and bit them on the nose, but are easily dazzled by signs promising big discounts. Most of the deals were no better than you could have got through the Zellers weekly flyers (when they actually chose to stock the items and honour the sale prices, that is.)

People pushing out shopping carts full of garbage they would not ordinarily buy and probably will never use is hardly my idea of getting a great deal.
This is true of most liquidation sales. They start out with really low discounts, then the discounts get bigger as the weeks go on.... but by then all the good stuff is gone as well, bought by suckers at high prices. Most liquidation sales blow.

The good thing about a Zellers liquidation though is that they sell so much stuff that if you wait until they end you may find some diamonds in the rough.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2011
1049 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
brunes wrote: The good thing about a Zellers liquidation though is that they sell so much stuff that if you wait until they end you may find some diamonds in the rough.
The other good thing is knowing theirs going to be no more Zellers.
Jul 24, 2015
1 posts
sherman51 wrote: the last wave of sales has begun so there are still plenty of stores with overpriced crap for sale.
target had more crap to sell
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2551 posts
1071 upvotes
Ontario
exiledinottawa wrote: You bumped a three year old thread to say this?
The better question is what are they doing reading a 3 year old thread on zellers...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3364 posts
5519 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Zellers was only store to still sell VHS tapes for $30+
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
There is still one Zellers open :o

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)