Boxing Day 2016 Discussion

What's the best 65" TV to buy. Budget 1500

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2017 7:40 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7383 posts
634 upvotes
Toronto
HammerJoe wrote: Not the same thing at all. That Haier doesn't have hdr at all and the hisense does.
And somehow the "quality" of the HiSense necessitates having HDR because otherwise the PQ is already so good?
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 27, 2013
794 posts
754 upvotes
M65-D0 , sony 750xd or 850xd , 65" TV. which do you reccomend
Member
User avatar
Jun 17, 2007
207 posts
68 upvotes
gamer602 wrote: Thanks.
Which retailer did you make the purchase at?
Bought online at Visions. Waiting for it to process and ship now.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1708 posts
1711 upvotes
Is there a reason for going with visions and not Best Buy?
Member
User avatar
Jun 17, 2007
207 posts
68 upvotes
gamer602 wrote: Is there a reason for going with visions and not Best Buy?
Bestbuy charges $50 for delivery. Visions doesn't.
Newbie
Dec 24, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
Any recommendations on a 50-55inch 4K with true HDR for under 1000$?

I'm getting hung up on this HDR lingo but I have 1000 to spend and want to buy the right TV/one that's future proof.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2010
1231 posts
338 upvotes
YYC
Ashock wrote: Bestbuy charges $50 for delivery. Visions doesn't.
Visions is a pain in the ass for returns.. I live in Calgary, so i know... lol
Newbie
Apr 7, 2015
27 posts
4 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Question, hopefully someone can help out.

Looking to purchase one of these 3 TV's.. I don't particularly care much for 4K, as I won't be connecting anything that supports 4K. So will just be using 1080P content.
There's 2 LG's right now.
The 60UH6150 and the 60UH6030 .. I can't seem to figure out what the differences are between the 2 TV's and when doing side by side comparisons, they look identical. However Regular price would suggest the 6030 model is better because it's listed at 1999 at Best Buy vs 1699.

The other TV I'm looking at is the Sony KDL-60W630B
Current prices are for BD as follows:

LG 60UH6150 at Costco.ca for $1099 on sale from 1699
LG 60UH6030 at Best Buy for $999 on sale from 1999
Sony KDL-60W630B at Costco.ca for 899 (not on sale) and 899 on sale at Best Buy after 300 off.

So for viewing just regular 1080P content, which would be best. I need to choose one of these 3 models because of the physical characteristics of the stand depth dimensions, as it will fit on top of my fireplace mantle without mounting.

Thanks
Member
Aug 5, 2007
361 posts
47 upvotes
cheamh wrote: I'm in the same boat as you and I think I am about to give up and get that Haier from Costco.

The reasoning is: for my budget (under 1500), I don't think I'll be able to find a 4K Full HDR TV from a reputable brand so I might as well go for the most basic 4k TV, use it for 2 years maybe, and by then 4k HDR will be mainstream and there will be more content. Your needs may be different as I am not a heavy TV user and I only occasionally play video games.
How about the Vizio P series at Costco?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1505 posts
483 upvotes
Winnipeg
Vager88 wrote: Question, hopefully someone can help out.

Looking to purchase one of these 3 TV's.. I don't particularly care much for 4K, as I won't be connecting anything that supports 4K. So will just be using 1080P content.
There's 2 LG's right now.
The 60UH6150 and the 60UH6030 .. I can't seem to figure out what the differences are between the 2 TV's and when doing side by side comparisons, they look identical. However Regular price would suggest the 6030 model is better because it's listed at 1999 at Best Buy vs 1699.

The other TV I'm looking at is the Sony KDL-60W630B
Current prices are for BD as follows:

LG 60UH6150 at Costco.ca for $1099 on sale from 1699
LG 60UH6030 at Best Buy for $999 on sale from 1999
Sony KDL-60W630B at Costco.ca for 899 (not on sale) and 899 on sale at Best Buy after 300 off.

So for viewing just regular 1080P content, which would be best. I need to choose one of these 3 models because of the physical characteristics of the stand depth dimensions, as it will fit on top of my fireplace mantle without mounting.

Thanks
Don't overlook this samsung 60 inch KU6290 from the source. Doesn't have the fake 4K pixel setup of the cheaper LG tvs.

$1099 and if you sign up for their emails you can get a $25 off $100 code to cut the $50 delivery charge in half or get it sent to a local store for free.

60inch Samsung KU6290 $1099
Last edited by lorenzo1000 on Dec 25th, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorenzo
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 22, 2005
19472 posts
4614 upvotes
Thornhill
hitek0007 wrote: How about the Vizio P series at Costco?
The P series (2016) is a huge step up, supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision, plus has Full Array Local Dimming, Wide Colour Gamut 10 bit panel and Peak brightness.
Newbie
Jan 1, 2017
52 posts
50 upvotes
Just picked up a Vizio M65 from Dell. $1499.00 - 5% employee/student discount. ($45) Also Ebates @ 10% cash back ($145). Plus 5% Dell rewards. So like $1250 plus tax or thereabouts.

Selling at Costco for $1599.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 27, 2013
794 posts
754 upvotes
JohnS600 wrote: Just picked up a Vizio M65 from Dell. $1499.00 - 5% employee/student discount. ($45) Also Ebates @ 10% cash back ($145). Plus 5% Dell rewards. So like $1250 plus tax or thereabouts.

Selling at Costco for $1599.
Does it support HDR 10?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 16, 2003
2644 posts
354 upvotes
Im going to try my luck with the Hisense 65C6200. Ordered online for pickup dec 31.

Top