Credit Cards

What's the best card for...(List of credit card lists)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2020 2:24 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12667 posts
9564 upvotes
Leask
Gtaphotog wrote: Is there a list of cards that provide car rental membership/discounts?
Oddly enough, I think my TD CT e-statements give me the promo code for Budget/Avis. Mind you, promo codes for those probably float around all over the place, so nothing special.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Oct 12, 2014
521 posts
69 upvotes
North York, ON
Any cards with useful benefits for household income over $200k+?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12667 posts
9564 upvotes
Leask
yellowlight18 wrote: Any cards with useful benefits for household income over $200k+?
Usually those cards have much higher AF's, fewer multi-product rebates, and while the welcome bonuses are generous, they're often worth less than the AF. Regarding benefits such as travel-medical, extended warranty, etc. won't be much more than World Elite /VISA Inf cards.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask on weekends.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Oct 12, 2014
521 posts
69 upvotes
North York, ON
titaniumtux wrote: Usually those cards have much higher AF's, fewer multi-product rebates, and while the welcome bonuses are generous, they're often worth less than the AF. Regarding benefits such as travel-medical, extended warranty, etc. won't be much more than World Elite /VISA Inf cards.
Just wondering, what type of welcome bonuses do they offer?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12667 posts
9564 upvotes
Leask
yellowlight18 wrote: Just wondering, what type of welcome bonuses do they offer?
Generally similar to VISA Inf variants, aside AmEx Plat that can get substantially bigger WB's (pts can leverage >1cpp via partner transfers or fixed travel redemptions) plus the annual travel credit helps.

A VISA Inf Priv that earns 1.25 Avion or Aeroplan pts per dollar spent will be hard to justify, even at best pts redemption, given the high AF's.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5510 posts
4533 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Oddly enough, I think my TD CT e-statements give me the promo code for Budget/Avis. Mind you, promo codes for those probably float around all over the place, so nothing special.
Ya I'm looking more along the lines of a proper ongoing discount tied to the credit card.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2819 posts
3165 upvotes
Montreal
yellowlight18 wrote: Any cards with useful benefits for household income over $200k+?
As far as I know, there are only a handful of cards that have a $200k minimum income requirement, and I've listed them below with links(so you can view their benefits): The insurance packages on all of them are typically better than most cards. The TD and CIBC cards also provide Air Canada priority benefits (useful for those who travel on AC flights in economy, but not often enough to get Altitude status).

There are also a couple of cards that have minimum asset requirements:
Aug 19, 2018
68 posts
10 upvotes
Hi Guys,

Im looking to open a new credit card in preparation for my upcoming wedding (~1 year away). What would be the best offer available now a days for benefiting the most from this? Will be going on some flights to Europe / Asia afterwards.

Thank you!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
8069 posts
8954 upvotes
Vancouver
makaheehee wrote: Hi Guys,

Im looking to open a new credit card in preparation for my upcoming wedding (~1 year away). What would be the best offer available now a days for benefiting the most from this? Will be going on some flights to Europe / Asia afterwards.

Thank you!
Check @jerryhung's thread: jerrys-list-credit-cards-200-welcome-bo ... q-1685293/
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12667 posts
9564 upvotes
Leask
makaheehee wrote: Hi Guys,

Thank you!
It's a hot summer to get into TD...

Get as many TD API cards as you can @makaheehee between you and SO. $2k MSR per card for 25k AP pts a piece. Then PS all those cards to TD CBI before September 20th to get 10%/$2k cashback per card.
Aug 19, 2018
68 posts
10 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: It's a hot summer to get into TD...

Get as many TD API cards as you can @makaheehee between you and SO. $2k MSR per card for 25k AP pts a piece. Then PS all those cards to TD CBI before September 20th to get 10%/$2k cashback per card.
If I'll be renewing my Mortgage early next year, do you feel that I would be able to bring my credit back up after applying for a few cards now? (Assuming it is paid off in full each month)
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12667 posts
9564 upvotes
Leask
makaheehee wrote: If I'll be renewing my Mortgage early next year, do you feel that I would be able to bring my credit back up after applying for a few cards now? (Assuming it is paid off in full each month)
If you don't plan on cancelling them. Good thing is, with TD CT you can downgrade/product switch, allowing you to retain the life of the credit history per card, while hitting up welcome bonuses repeatedly. We don't know when TD (or RBC) will kill this gravy train, and their promos do change meaning they're not always hot, but it's a favourable outlet for your credit history.

As long as you have at least one older card, should be ok for mortgage approval.
Feb 28, 2014
507 posts
566 upvotes
Instead of just the income, the better question is how is your spending habits? The best card can only be best determined based on how you spend. If you spend a lot on travel & dining, then a card like the AMEX Platinum and/or the AMEX Aeroplan Platinum card might be for you. It all really depends.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
12667 posts
9564 upvotes
Leask
Jimboski wrote: I have a dumb question.. I bank with RBC for my business and i'm currently using their RBC business credit card. Am i able to use another credit card (not from RBC) and claim my business expenses on there?
Absolutely. Pretty much all B&M banks & credit unions (through Collabria) offer "business" CC's as well as AmEx. Whether you can claim business expenses made on a personal CC is YMMV, but you're certainly not limited to RBC.