Computers & Electronics

What's the cheapest internet and cable plan in Alberta?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2015 2:03 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1702 posts
1071 upvotes
Calgary

What's the cheapest internet and cable plan in Alberta?

Has the student promotion been rolled out yet? I read from hot deal forum that Bell has a student plan since 19. What about telus or Shaw? Also are Shaw telus and bell the only choices for us? I need a service now. Can someone pm me?
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1702 posts
1071 upvotes
Calgary
GeneralZod wrote: Have you checked to see what TekSavvy offers for your area in Calgary?

http://teksavvy.com/

They should be able to offer DSL or Cable either through Telus/Shaw last-mile infastructure.
Thank you. But they don't have TV. I would need a basic TV cable too. But looks like they are pretty good.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1702 posts
1071 upvotes
Calgary
Does Shaw or Telus have a student promo this year? What's the regular 6 months promo?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2012
3128 posts
196 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
ibuddler wrote: Does Shaw or Telus have a student promo this year? What's the regular 6 months promo?
Our student promotions havent been released yet however if you go to http://www.shaw.ca/student you an sign up to get a notification when the student promotion is available!

For new customer promotions for Shaw feel free to send me a PM and I will respond with all of our new customer promotions
Jul 22, 2015
67 posts
16 upvotes
GeneralZod wrote: You can try and also check out VMedia for their IPTV. They should be able to offer it in Calgary/Alberta. I am not sure if Zazeen offers it in Calgary but you can check.
Zazeen is the worst company ive ever been with. no matter how many times you call, its all always joe, jimmy,john or jason and they ask you the same questions over and over and take a really long time to help you, and while on the phone, you'll hear alot of "SIGH".. took us a 3 weeks to get home phone working with them
Feb 27, 2007
723 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
Macadacious wrote: Zazeen is the worst company ive ever been with. no matter how many times you call, its all always joe, jimmy,john or jason and they ask you the same questions over and over and take a really long time to help you, and while on the phone, you'll hear alot of "SIGH".. took us a 3 weeks to get home phone working with them

I am sorry about the issues you encountered with our phone tech support staff. If there is anything I can do for you I would be more than happy to assist. This would include issuing you some credits for your troubles.