Personal Finance

What's the cheapest way to deposit into sports betting sites?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 6:54 pm
[OP]
Sep 9, 2020
1 posts
2 upvotes

What's the cheapest way to deposit into sports betting sites?

Hi everyone,
Recently I got into sports betting and am wondering if there are cheaper ways to deposit into sites like bet365/pinnacle by earning some cashback. (As an alternative way of reducing juice of the bookies)

I found that there are a variety of options, two common ones include using Paysafecard or Prepaid Vanilla Mastercard/Visa.
I am able to get 5% cashback (using Amex cobalt) from grocery stores by purchasing prepaid vanilla cards, which have an activation fee of around ~3-4% (Visa largest denomination $250 with $7.50 activation fee) to earn 2% cashback by depositing into my account.
For paysafecard I think hasty market do offer it but I am not sure if they count as "grocery" under Amex network, and seems like all retailers that sell paysafecard do charge an additional fee.

I am just wondering if there's a possible way to get more than 2% cashback by depositing?

Thanks in advance.
2 replies
Mar 15, 2009
385 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
A lot of prepaid cards DO NOT work on those sites, or even anywhere online at all.

A lot of Big5 bank credit cards do not allow deposits to betting sites either. It's all trial and error...
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1222 posts
741 upvotes
GTA
Stack MasterCard works with Bet365. Saves the hassle of going to find a vanilla card.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"