Automotive

What's the cheapest you can get an Esso car wash?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2020 8:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2461 posts
1431 upvotes
Toronto, ON

What's the cheapest you can get an Esso car wash?

Currently, I use PetroCanada but sadly there aren't any car washes near my house so it's a hassle.

But I get them cheap. They regularly have car wash cards, where they give a couple of extra washes, then an extra point or so for registering the card.
In the end, their top of the line car wash comes to around $9-10 after tax.

Is there something I can do with Esso too? I don't want to pay $16-18 but it's convenient so I can pay a little more per wash that Petro Canada but I couldn't find anything on their website that
looks like a deal.
5 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2461 posts
1431 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kiraly wrote: This. You get maximum value out of them when you redeem them for car washes. Works out to about 3% back on your gas spending, which is by far the top earning gas loyalty program in Canada.
Unfortunately I don't use esso gas. Shame since Esso car wash is 4 minutes from my house and on my way every day.
Jul 7, 2020
284 posts
123 upvotes
Ottawa
They had half price Mondays near the end of the summer. You can buy more than one ticket at half price, but they expire in 3 months, and if the car wash breaks down then you might not get a chance to use them all. I have a week remaining for one of my tickets and it looks like the wash isn't going to be fixed anytime soon, so I was scammed.

I recently purchased a car wash card from Petro Canada and it was a way better experience. Bonus washes and points are included for registering online, no expiry dates, and no tickets to keep in the car. Just tap and go. Much better experience, and also a much cleaner car compared to Esso.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
2461 posts
1431 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KhetysTeachings wrote: They had half price Mondays near the end of the summer. You can buy more than one ticket at half price, but they expire in 3 months, and if the car wash breaks down then you might not get a chance to use them all. I have a week remaining for one of my tickets and it looks like the wash isn't going to be fixed anytime soon, so I was scammed.

I recently purchased a car wash card from Petro Canada and it was a way better experience. Bonus washes and points are included for registering online, no expiry dates, and no tickets to keep in the car. Just tap and go. Much better experience, and also a much cleaner car compared to Esso.
Petro is perfect. Too bad I don't have a car wash near my house. Esso tends to have more car washes too.