PC & Video Games

What's the deal with Fortnite obsession - horrible game!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2019 8:56 am
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13385 posts
8351 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Brother, you ain't alone...I play PUBG on PC with an emulator and run around naked, running over people with a car and not paying a single cent on wazzle dazzle cosmetic craptastic costume crates.
dazz wrote: That's another thing I just don't get. I didn't play fortnite for too long to see how and where the money are spent but in PUBG it seems all you get are various costumes and I am amazed at the amount of $$ people spend on all that just so they look pretty to others... I may be missing something. in PUBG I am being given some simple attire but I haven't worn anything and I think I am the only naked person out there running around past certain level

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
kittypink wrote: Well, I heard about Fortnite a while ago but never bothered with it.

Thank you OP for bringing it back to my attention. I downloaded it a few nights ago and played a few games and I rather enjoyed it. The biggest selling point for me was that the game is FREE! My main game genre is MMORPG but I've been burnt out on it from years of playing, starting with Ultima Online.

The game is great if you have 15 minutes to spare here or there, and you don't have to invest ANYTHING to it. Everyone starts out the same, everything you pay for is cosmetics. Kind of reminds me of Left For Dead with a little Minecraft mixed in.

Would I pay for it? I don't think its in the league of the average $50 for a game, but I might throw a few bucks at it if I play the game for more than a few weeks, just to get a character skin since I hate the random ones you get.
if you finished "challenges" last season you would get a few skins for free this season … also you can collect the "v bucks" but it takes long to get some significant amount …
Oct 5, 2006
24 posts
3 upvotes
Hamilton
I play quite often and enjoy it. Building Itself is a skill you need to develop to be successful at the game and is a mechanic that’s not present in COD or any other game. That in itself keeps me playing the game. (This coming from a 30+ year old :D).
I think the biggest issue with the game right now is matchmaking mechanics. People are so advanced in skill level (building is what makes the skill difference even greater) that it makes it hard for the casual gamer to get into the game and enjoy it. I play often and constantly run into players build at a much higher level. That makes those coming into the game not enjoy it because they are helpless against “bob the builder” elite players.
Btw.. if any1 wants to play feel free to add me :p
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
Bakablo1 wrote: I play quite often and enjoy it. Building Itself is a skill you need to develop to be successful at the game and is a mechanic that’s not present in COD or any other game. That in itself keeps me playing the game. (This coming from a 30+ year old :D).
I think the biggest issue with the game right now is matchmaking mechanics. People are so advanced in skill level (building is what makes the skill difference even greater) that it makes it hard for the casual gamer to get into the game and enjoy it. I play often and constantly run into players build at a much higher level. That makes those coming into the game not enjoy it because they are helpless against “bob the builder” elite players.
Btw.. if any1 wants to play feel free to add me :p
agree … I suck at building … but I am good with my axe , let them build high Winking Face
Banned
Apr 9, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
It's free, after all! Similar to Apex Legends right now, which is actually fun to play tho.
Albeit both are dying slowly and steadily. Other FPS games are going kinda steadily like OW, CSGO, PUBG etc.

The colors and the in-game cosmetics are a huge factor to pull kids and teens into the game.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5990 posts
1873 upvotes
Thornhill
KatieAdams wrote: It's free, after all! Similar to Apex Legends right now, which is actually fun to play tho.
Albeit both are dying slowly and steadily. Other FPS games are going kinda steadily like OW, CSGO, PUBG etc.

The colors and the in-game cosmetics are a huge factor to pull kids and teens into the game.
I noticed with PUBG that when you consistently win, they put you on servers/games with a lot of real people. As soon as you lose a couple of times closer to the beginning, the game will have a TON of bots. I suppose they do it to make it easier for people who can't play or not to get players discouraged. I don't like it though :( Way to easy!
I use voice typing and rarely read what I typed...
Banned
Apr 9, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
dazz wrote: I noticed with PUBG that when you consistently win, they put you on servers/games with a lot of real people. As soon as you lose a couple of times closer to the beginning, the game will have a TON of bots. I suppose they do it to make it easier for people who can't play or not to get players discouraged. I don't like it though :( Way too easy!
It's the case usually with PUBG Mobile. The PC version does not have bots, as far as I know. I don't think they have added any bots for the PC servers. For Mobile, it is true. Adjusting to Shooter games on Mobile might take some time. Maybe that's why.

But yeah, you will have to grind real hard to win consistently. Learn the spray patterns (easiest in PUBG), know how to position yourself so that you don't get shot from the back, check the airplane path and die consistently (YES!). Don't feel afraid to die. Play to kill and have fun. You'll win gradually once you stop fearing! :D