From Home Depot description,I couldn't see different

Thanks
13 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3499 posts
1238 upvotes
Ottawa
Different grasses, some do better in sun, others in shade. Are you saying HD didn't identify the difference in seeds?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12640 posts
7763 upvotes
Markham
OttawaGardener wrote: Different grasses, some do better in sun, others in shade. Are you saying HD didn't identify the difference in seeds?
Thanks. So if I overseed in the fall(say Oct,Nov) or Spring, which is better or just buy mixed?
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2901 posts
1800 upvotes
ontario
smartie wrote:
OttawaGardener wrote: Different grasses, some do better in sun, others in shade. Are you saying HD didn't identify the difference in seeds?
Thanks. So if I overseed in the fall(say Oct,Nov) or Spring, which is better or just buy mixed?
It is referring to the area you plan on overseeding; does it get full sun through out the day or are there trees or buildings blocking the sun?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12640 posts
7763 upvotes
Markham
esoxhntr wrote:
smartie wrote:
It is referring to the area you plan on overseeding; does it get full sun through out the day or are there trees or buildings blocking the sun?
Oh,i misunderstood then, thanks!

One more question, if i use fall fertilizer 32-0-10 with compost together, whether this will burn my lawn?
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Sheep fertilizer, it won't burn a single thing.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16989 posts
1814 upvotes
Thornhill
Years ago, a large area of my lawn was under a laragr tree. The grass was basically dead so I planted shade/drought-resistant fescues and whatever else was in the shade mix. Now the tree is gone and I'm left with big patches of crappy looking grass. And you know what? The fesues died in the recent rain-drought but the Kentucky blue survived. I'd recommend staying away from doing what I did.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12640 posts
7763 upvotes
Markham
t3359 wrote: Years ago, a large area of my lawn was under a laragr tree. The grass was basically dead so I planted shade/drought-resistant fescues and whatever else was in the shade mix. Now the tree is gone and I'm left with big patches of crappy looking grass. And you know what? The fesues died in the recent rain-drought but the Kentucky blue survived. I'd recommend staying away from doing what I did.

bjl
So mixed to be safe?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16989 posts
1814 upvotes
Thornhill
smartie wrote:
t3359 wrote: Years ago, a large area of my lawn was under a laragr tree. The grass was basically dead so I planted shade/drought-resistant fescues and whatever else was in the shade mix. Now the tree is gone and I'm left with big patches of crappy looking grass. And you know what? The fesues died in the recent rain-drought but the Kentucky blue survived. I'd recommend staying away from doing what I did.

bjl
So mixed to be safe?
Yeah, Something with at least some Kentucky blue and rye... Or just a do Kentucky if possible.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Mar 19, 2013
702 posts
215 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
Grass seed is a blend of rye, Kentucky blue, red fescue grasses. Alone they have distinct growing conditions. Manufactures will provide the approiate blend for what one may need. Examples, sun, sun & shade, shade, high traffic, overseed, all purpose.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16685 posts
5168 upvotes
Markham
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1621 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
Do people overseed in the fall? Or just Spring?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)