[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9729 posts
15666 upvotes

What's going on with Starbucks?

USA: store.starbucks.com
CDN: store.starbucks.ca

They are totally closing down their American shopping site, and anything you purchase up until they close is "Final sale. No returns."
*Store.starbucks.com Closing Date
As of 10/1/2017 11:59 pm PST store.starbucks.com will no longer be available for customers to purchase products online.
For frequently asked questions regarding our site closure please visit our customer service FAQs.

Sale ends 10/1/2017 at 11:59 pm PST or while supplies last. Offer valid online in US only. No code required. Merchandise items purchased through special promotion,
sales, or clearance are final sales, and therefore not eligible for returns, exchanges or price adjustments. Cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
There is no sign of them doing the same in Canada, yet Ebates has pulled the plug on any cashback for them.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2131 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
Where the US leads, Canada follows unfortunately.

If they are losing money they only have themselves to blame. Poor packaging resulting in breakages having to be replaced, sending wrong items which all results in lost money for them. Instead of trying to fix things, they just close everything.

Near enough every order I have a problem with, this time I am missing 230 stars. This happens with every order for me, and once I was on the phone for at least an hour trying to get it sorted out and I refuse to do that again, so I sent a message on Wednesday and am still waiting for them to at least reply.

They are looking at ways to cut costs with Teavana going plus I am starting to see store closures as well.

I read something someone said: A lot of baristas don't like making frappuccinos and moan a lot about it but they are what is keeping them in a job because the profit margin on them is VERY high.
Jul 23, 2015
810 posts
584 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
There are very few 'deals' on the site. Most stuff seems to be full price still.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1667 posts
5760 upvotes
Toronto
Nibbler2012 wrote: There are very few 'deals' on the site. Most stuff seems to be full price still.
I tried to place an order on .com when the sale started August 22. There were good deals then.
Despite my US credit cards, US shipping address, US PayPal etc I could not get my order to process. Even the app showed instant reversal when I tried paying with my Starbucks card.
Customer Service was unable to help.
Not meant to be.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9729 posts
15666 upvotes
gregv wrote: Canadian store will close as well.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/latest-news ... inal-sale/
I can understand the banner about "Final Sale" on the discounted items, but they are still posting "New" items at full price!

I placed an online order this past Friday on the CDN website with no issues, but as for missing stars,
it always happens to me only because I set up a new account only to get an additional 10% off my purchase,
so I have to call in and get the stars added manually since my SB card wasn't registered to that account.

FYI, all new accounts get an additional 10% off including sale priced items (most "equipment" is excluded) using code: STNPWEKD

At least their online store has promos/sales, I don't recall seeing any in-store, so I hope their Canadian site remains, but I'm doubting it. :(
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1390 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sad.
Sometimes you get 20-25% off deal on selected products from their website at least, haven't seen they ever had deal in store
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15536 posts
7017 upvotes
Ottawa
we've bought a fair bit over the years through the site. Mainly with some kind of discount. We usually order in bulk to satisfy the shipping requirements.

not really sure what's up with them, first shuttering teavana stores, then this. I guess both things didn't earn 30000% profit like their regular stores.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5486 posts
2514 upvotes
What the heck do you guys order from Starbucks online store? You guys need that many tumblers?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2131 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
ar2020 wrote: What the heck do you guys order from Starbucks online store? You guys need that many tumblers?
I have around 600 mugs/tumblers/ornaments etc etc

And I am mad :P
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2131 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
Cas77 wrote: It was announced last month while people were still talking about Teavana so it went unnoticed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/starbuck ... ale-2017-8
I noticed it but didn't post it on here but then it wasn't 100% official plus there was no confirmation that the Canadian store was going to close although it was very likely as has been proven.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2131 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
France/Germany/UK online stores are closing as well on October 1st.
May 12, 2017
153 posts
78 upvotes
cardle wrote: I have around 600 mugs/tumblers/ornaments etc etc

And I am mad :P
The new anniversary collection looks nice! But $30?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2131 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
carter500500 wrote: The new anniversary collection looks nice! But $30?
I do Swagbucks to pay for everythingWinking Face
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1985 posts
1549 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How many people would really buy those overpriced products from the website?
I only bought something when there's a huge discount