Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4573 posts
4630 upvotes
Vancouver

What's up with all the Win10 updates?

It seems like my Win10 laptop is doing an update every day, sometimes twice a day in the last week.

I can always tell when my laptop has updated Win10 because I leave it sleeping, and I come back to a laptop that has turned off, and displays a different background image (one I know represents an update reboot) when I boot it up the first time.

Are Microsoft engineers working at home dreaming up updates to keep themselves entertained? Slow down and let the rest of us do our work!
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6087 posts
2690 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Scote64 wrote: It seems like my Win10 laptop is doing an update every day, sometimes twice a day in the last week.
New computer and catching up?

In general, it's on Tuesdays (1st of the month).
I can always tell when my laptop has updated Win10 because I leave it sleeping, and I come back to a laptop that has turned off, and displays a different background image (one I know represents an update reboot) when I boot it up the first time.
There's a new log-in background every few days. I guess you can disconnect from the internet if you don't want to see it.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4573 posts
4630 upvotes
Vancouver
I know it's normally Tuesdays, that's why I'm asking.

3-year old computer, kept up to date, no catch up.

Not a routine new log-in background. It has always the same log-in background in normal operation, and always the same alternate background for one time when it reboots after a Windows update.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4573 posts
4630 upvotes
Vancouver
aaron158 wrote: Microsoft says starting next month all updates other then security ones will be put on hold
So only once a day then...