Site Comments & Suggestions

What's up with the daily vote limit?

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2022 7:51 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23408 posts
5392 upvotes
Toronto

What's up with the daily vote limit?

I haven't seen this before - what gives?


To prevent folks from too many downvotes?


I was actually upvoting but reached a limit......


maybe this isn't new & I haven't given out so mannnyy votes!

Image



EDIT - pls keep, the previous thread doesn't talk about daily vote limit

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6575 posts
3726 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't know there was one and wanted to test - so, upvoted. ;)
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16825 posts
32824 upvotes
Scarborough
The limit is currently set to 300 votes per 24 hours. To the best of my memory no one has complained that wasn't enough before, but if you and others want it higher, I can bump that number up.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23408 posts
5392 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: The limit is currently set to 300 votes per 24 hours. To the best of my memory no one has complained that wasn't enough before, but if you and others want it higher, I can bump that number up.
lolwut, I gave out 300 votes in 24hrs??

Shizzz, I didn’t think I upvoted that much!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16825 posts
32824 upvotes
Scarborough
ji2o0k wrote: lolwut, I gave out 300 votes in 24hrs??

Shizzz, I didn’t think I upvoted that much!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The system doesn't lie... not usually anyways. Eyes
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13028 posts
8270 upvotes
Markham
Upvote your post for being generous
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
14998 posts
11505 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
stop downvoting me brah
ji2o0k wrote: lolwut, I gave out 300 votes in 24hrs??

Shizzz, I didn’t think I upvoted that much!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
25946 posts
10679 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Cheapo-Findo wrote: stop downvoting me brah
At least he didn't tase you Winking Face
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7485 posts
4091 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: lolwut, I gave out 300 votes in 24hrs??

Shizzz, I didn’t think I upvoted that much!
You're giving 12.5 upvotes an hour, even in your sleep?
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23408 posts
5392 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote: You're giving 12.5 upvotes an hour, even in your sleep?
lol that's what I don't understand - I gave out that many upvotes? Cray.....I doubt it but like Tommy said "system don't lie" - so I guess I did?

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16825 posts
32824 upvotes
Scarborough
ji2o0k wrote: lol that's what I don't understand - I gave out that many upvotes? Cray.....I doubt it but like Tommy said "system don't lie" - so I guess I did?
I actually get reports of users with high voting activity and your name pops up a lot. Not a bad thing, just thought you might be interested in hearing that. :lol:
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23408 posts
5392 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: I actually get reports of users with high voting activity and your name pops up a lot. Not a bad thing, just thought you might be interested in hearing that. :lol:
Haha, nice…..I guess I’m just a happy upvoting kinda guy!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16825 posts
32824 upvotes
Scarborough
ji2o0k wrote: Haha, nice…..I guess I’m just a happy upvoting kinda guy!!
If/when we get the forums achievements/stats page I asked for, you'll definitely be ranking right up at the top!
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
25946 posts
10679 upvotes
Socially Distanced
TomRFD wrote: If/when we get the forums achievements/stats page I asked for, you'll definitely be ranking right up at the top!
Interesting you mention this, a while back i had looked at my profile and noticed my upvoted to upvote ratio was very lopsided so i decided to upvote more often when warranted.
Lately especially when people ask questions in good faith, a lot of people get skewered for asking reasonable questions as if they should already know the answer, so i figure they deserve an upvote for being brave enough to post the question on RFD as i try to avoid doing so unless i am really extra stumped.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16825 posts
32824 upvotes
Scarborough
Quentin5 wrote: Interesting you mention this, a while back i had looked at my profile and noticed my upvoted to upvote ratio was very lopsided so i decided to upvote more often when warranted.
Lately especially when people ask questions in good faith, a lot of people get skewered for asking reasonable questions as if they should already know the answer, so i figure they deserve an upvote for being brave enough to post the question on RFD as i try to avoid doing so unless i am really extra stumped.
Upvotes are free and most people (minus @ji2o0k :lol:) have an "unlimited" supply of them. If I see a post I like because it's helpful, a good deal, funny or for any other reason, I'll throw it a Thumbs Up Sign.

It's always been a bit odd that a select group of members tend to downvote random questions and other threads outside of Hot Deals for no apparent reason.

We've had discussions on removing downvoting for non-deal forums since it discourages people from creating threads, and it seems likely that we'll be making that change soon.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
25946 posts
10679 upvotes
Socially Distanced
TomRFD wrote: Upvotes are free and most people (minus @ji2o0k :lol:) have an "unlimited" supply of them. If I see a post I like because it's helpful, a good deal, funny or for any other reason, I'll throw it a Thumbs Up Sign.
I had reread some of my early threads and i noticed posts that i should have upvoted at the time. I guess i am more of a reader and replier than an upvoter, so it makes sense to upvote when appropriate, especially since you say the ability is almost unlimited.
It's always been a bit odd that a select group of members tend to downvote random questions and other threads outside of Hot Deals for no apparent reason.
I noticed that too, it seems some people "need" to downvote others for just asking questions.
We've had discussions on removing downvoting for non-deal forums since it discourages people from creating threads, and it seems likely that we'll be making that change soon.
My opinion is that the downvote system is a bad idea. Even on hot deals i ignore it becasue a deal that is good for me may have lots of downvotes but its a great deal for me.
I also don't use it except for deals that are dangerous to human life. Though almost no one seems to agree with me when i explain why so its not doing any good there either.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
6269 posts
6565 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote: We've had discussions on removing downvoting for non-deal forums since it discourages people from creating threads, and it seems likely that we'll be making that change soon.
I upvoted this!

Maybe you could name one of the achievements the ji2o0k? Like voting 300 times in one day? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
3778 posts
5883 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: lolwut, I gave out 300 votes in 24hrs??

Shizzz, I didn’t think I upvoted that much!
Image

Can I see your downvote count? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

That's impressive, well done!
Images
  • upvotes.PNG

Top