• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2022 7:51 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17006 posts
12407 upvotes
Toronto
Mine got locked over a month ago and there is no way in hell I upvoted/downvoted 300 x in 24 hours

No warning message received either.

I've sent 2 messages to the admin over the past 2 weeks, no response and still no ability to vote.

Smiling Face With Horns
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23519 posts
22482 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
TomRFD wrote: Upvotes are free and most people (minus @ji2o0k :lol:) have an "unlimited" supply of them.

If I see a post I like because it's helpful, a good deal, funny or for any other reason, I'll throw it a Thumbs Up Sign.

It's always been a bit odd that a select group of members tend to downvote random questions and other threads outside of Hot Deals for no apparent reason.

We've had discussions on removing downvoting for non-deal forums since it discourages people from creating threads, and it seems likely that we'll be making that change soon.
This … all this

I also throw out an upvote Thumbs Up Sign when people are POLITE and come back and say THANK YOU

Upvotes cost nothing … and go a long way in making RFD a better community IMO

I rarely give out any downvotes … just don’t see the benefit
But ya sometimes folks ask really dumb questions
The kind NO ONE on the Internet can answer
The ones where everyone’s reply starts

Sorry … no one can answer that but you !

Or …

What did they say When You Called / Spoke to them about your situation ?
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17006 posts
12407 upvotes
Toronto
Meanwhile, someone here decided to downvote 6 of my threads within 1 minute….they must be a speed reader

:facepalm:

What a joke
271BA345-480A-4F0C-B3F5-AA0D9184BBED.jpeg
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23519 posts
22482 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Swerny wrote: Meanwhile, someone here decided to downvote 6 of my threads within 1 minute….they must be a speed reader

What a joke

Lol it might look that way … or it’s just a streak of bad luck
Roll of the dice
Game Die Game Die

Could be the website was very busy at that time …
Friday Lunch Hour … makes sense
And lots of folks reading, commenting etc
So not necessarily just one person did all 5 down votes

Although I too would prob think that if I looked at the list as you have
(Me I mostly ignore downvotes … instead I focus on the positives in life )

BTW … looks like the 6th (first one at 12:52 PM) was actually an upvote
Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11093 posts
5988 upvotes
Toronto
lol it happened to me a few times too haha
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26944 posts
11375 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Swerny wrote: Meanwhile, someone here decided to downvote 6 of my threads within 1 minute….they must be a speed reader

What a joke

The worst part is that who gave the downvotes is hidden so they can hide behind anonymity.
But those who give upvotes are correctly identified.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28724 posts
9318 upvotes
Hamilton
dang. Upvote me nao
hated on but respected.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11093 posts
5988 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: The worst part is that who gave the downvotes is hidden so they can hide behind anonymity.
But those who give upvotes are correctly identified.
lol only mods can see who downvoted ritr ?Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto

I got 15+ downvotes in a few minutes recently.
Most of them were old expired and inactive threads. :lol:

@TomRFD, is this a bug?
Will the user be flagged for unusual downvote behaviour?
Destiny is all
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11093 posts
5988 upvotes
Toronto

What a joke

I didn’t know it can show notifications for downvotes too .. i thought it was just upvotes - interesting Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11093 posts
5988 upvotes
Toronto
does the vote limit goes down one by one so that we will eventually get lifted ? me in voting limit box Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6698 posts
6286 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Upvotes are free and most people (minus @ji2o0k :lol:) have an "unlimited" supply of them. If I see a post I like because it's helpful, a good deal, funny or for any other reason, I'll throw it a Thumbs Up Sign.

It's always been a bit odd that a select group of members tend to downvote random questions and other threads outside of Hot Deals for no apparent reason.

We've had discussions on removing downvoting for non-deal forums since it discourages people from creating threads, and it seems likely that we'll be making that change soon.
Was this idea nixed?
Pochacco wrote: I didn’t know it can show notifications for downvotes too .. i thought it was just upvotes - interesting Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Also Tom, can you clarify if we're supposed to be receiving downvote notifications? I've never received any.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16933 posts
33254 upvotes
Scarborough
hierophant wrote: Was this idea nixed?

Also Tom, can you clarify if we're supposed to be receiving downvote notifications? I've never received any.
It's still very much a thing we're looking to do. I may actually have an update on that within the next week or two so stay tuned.

To answer your second question, only if you've selected to receive notifications for those events via your notifications settings page.
RFD Staff - Currently AFK; PM CarrieRFD your RFD related questions
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]