Automotive

Whats the worst parallel parking you’ve seen? Heres the worst!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 7:51 am
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5291 posts
3770 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Classic Vancouver drivers.
Dec 20, 2006
396 posts
131 upvotes
here's an unedited copy of the video:

Notice the pre-existing damage from what looks like another parking lot scrape.

In other words, crappy driver is crappy :rolleyes:
the internet is serious business.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3846 upvotes
Car behind the parallel parker? Tesla. Car in front (from where the images are)? Tesla :)

2 pedals? Rocket science I tell you, rocket science! Good thing auto's were invented. God forbid if this was a manual
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1563 posts
610 upvotes
TBD
Elderly driver. Likely mixed up the pedals. Seems to be a common scenario of when a car drives into a building. Glad to see what looks like bystanders quickly checking in on the health of the people involved.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29210 posts
14975 upvotes
Toronto
we have all been hearing this kind of mishaps much more often in the news, this group of driver should really stop driving ... period, for the sake of the innocent people and to themselves. For insurance, this group ought to be paying a much higher premium than others.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3440 posts
1760 upvotes
Toronto, ON
booblehead wrote: we have all been hearing this kind of mishaps much more often in the news, this group of driver should really stop driving ... period, for the sake of the innocent people and to themselves. For insurance, this group ought to be paying a much higher premium than others.
But it's the other way around in premium cost with insurance, everyone gets a raise in cost.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Sep 25, 2018
751 posts
1384 upvotes
booblehead wrote: we have all been hearing this kind of mishaps much more often in the news, this group of driver should really stop driving ... period, for the sake of the innocent people and to themselves. For insurance, this group ought to be paying a much higher premium than others.
Yeah exactly, there should be more rules around elderly drivers. I like in some countries they outright don't allow people to drive past certain age.

A few years ago I witnessed an old man jumping a curb at a parking lot. From his facial expression he was beyond confused as how that happened. Luckily there was no one around to be hurt.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16237 posts
17706 upvotes
Oakville
This has always happened and isn't any more frequent now.
We do need strict retesting for the elderly though.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12254 posts
6804 upvotes
Brampton
They're clearly blind.

I mean who else would buy a CrossTour?
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11656 posts
3959 upvotes
Toronto
With the speed of the car going reverse, he/she must slammed the pedal.
When you park, you are suppose to touch and brake and let go, touch and let go until you are properly parked.

I don't understand how the driver can slam on that "pedal" for the car to go the fast.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6683 posts
6607 upvotes
Richmond Hill
In 2011, the largest demographic group consisted of people between 45 and 60 years of age. Today, that group is between 53 and 68.

In 10 to 15 years, there will be more cars on sidewalks than people lol
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Dec 16, 2008
997 posts
426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
From that angle of approach toward the curb, i do not anticipate anything different than this
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
354 upvotes
Nunavut
kevdanga wrote: Elderly driver. Likely mixed up the pedals. Seems to be a common scenario of when a car drives into a building. Glad to see what looks like bystanders quickly checking in on the health of the people involved.
I never understood that excuse, its like saying whoops stabbed the guy since my arm twitched. How are you that careless that not only do you switch the pedals, but straight up floor it
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
14931 posts
4361 upvotes
Montréal
Hindustunna wrote: I never understood that excuse, its like saying whoops stabbed the guy since my arm twitched. How are you that careless that not only do you switch the pedals, but straight up floor it
She was practising the 'stabbing' technique lol.

I don't get it either, if she did it 'properly', it would be jerking the vehicle, was she gonna stab the gas also? Crazy she didn't get into other major accidents before.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16237 posts
17706 upvotes
Oakville
Hindustunna wrote: I never understood that excuse, its like saying whoops stabbed the guy since my arm twitched. How are you that careless that not only do you switch the pedals, but straight up floor it
They're losing their mind, eyesight and muscle control, they turn to look back and accidentally place their large orthotic shoes on the gas pedal instead of the brake. They hit the gas and car jumps, they panic, not realizing that they're pressing the wrong pedal, so hit what they think is the brake even harder, chaos ensues.

Shame on their doctors and family members for not removing their license. And shame on them for not admitting they're getting too old.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2385 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
From my understanding from watching the news it has to do with intent. You can tell that she was trying to park (even though she was way off) and that she hit the wrong pedal. She didn't purposely drive onto the sidewalk, destroy public property, and wreck her car.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1849 posts
1570 upvotes
Ottawa
https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/10/08 ... on-hornby/

WTF do they mean by "No charges are recommended"?

What are the consequences for this driver? "Sorry sir, I hope you're okay. Thankfully no one died this time!"

If the driver was a 20 year old male, you can guarantee that he'd be charged for this. Elderly people are just as dangerous on the roads.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12254 posts
6804 upvotes
Brampton
Old People...

It's why Lexus and Toyota have "Inspect Floor mat installation" in their manuals.
It's why Lexus and Toyota was nailed with "Unintended Acceleration"
It's why there's so much goddamn traffic during hours when people should be at work.