• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2023 8:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1048 posts
804 upvotes
Yup Dr. Oatker thin crust changed the frozen pizza game forever. Their thin crust is very manageable you actually taste the sauce and the toppings more than the crust itself. My favorite is the one with the provolone cheese.

I kind of miss the old nofrills rectangular pizzas, the ones that used to come wrapped up in plastic. I don't remember their name. Were they made by president's choice?
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17417 posts
12772 upvotes
Toronto
There seems to be a single serve pizza trend

I dunno what's the benefits of "pan" pizza (other than the included pan ie. more landfill)

Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6228 posts
4827 upvotes
During this pandemic why aren't any of these frozen pizzas being sold on sale for $3 bucks as usual?

Saw people wearing masks lining up at my No Frills today, so I decided to skip the grocery store and I just walked over to the nearby Little Caesars to grab a $6 medium pepperoni pizza instead.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2019
1109 posts
1248 upvotes
Safeways has them on for $2.97 right now. Price match at No Frills Smiling Face With Sunglasses
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2019
1109 posts
1248 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: I agree these are good for frozen.... but you honestly eat 4-5 of them a WEEK?????
You're right Winking Face probably closer to 2 or 3 @ week

Dr Oetkers even has Cheesecake now. Bought one for $4 the other day.
Last edited by SCOPster on Mar 28th, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2019
1109 posts
1248 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote: During this pandemic why aren't any of these frozen pizzas being sold on sale for $3 bucks as usual?

Saw people wearing masks lining up at my No Frills today, so I decided to skip the grocery store and I just walked over to the nearby Little Caesars to grab a $6 medium pepperoni pizza instead.
Noticed the other day they have put in plastic partitions to protect the brave cashiers who are having to go through this all day now...Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Jan 12, 2020
493 posts
768 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote: During this pandemic why aren't any of these frozen pizzas being sold on sale for $3 bucks as usual?
The number one question on all Canadians' minds right now!
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
Ppl should consider making your own "frozen pizza".

Buy Rivah (Blue packaging) Naan at Costco - IIRC $4 for 10 [40 cents each]
sauce, cheese, pepperoni/whatever topping you like.
Total cost might be $1.50 maybe.

Freeze and package. Cook in frying pan with lid on or oven.

I make frypan pizzas (whatever leftover meats/veggies you have plus sauce and cheese) quite often like this for quick WFH lunch.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1221 posts
293 upvotes
Oshawa
SCOPster wrote: You're right Winking Face probably closer to 2 or 3 @ week

Dr Oetkers even has Cheesecake now. Bought one for $4 the other day.
I heard their cheesecakes were literally inedible though? I think many are comparing them to a New York style cheesecake. If I had to guess this is probably more in like with those cheaper alternatives you see at No Frills or the like. Or perhaps even the Sara Lee ones.

The PC cheesecakes were actually decent, but gone are the days when you would find them on sale for $5. I think the cheapest I've seen is $7. I suppose for $7 you could make your own at home for around that price, maybe a bit more, but you'd be getting twice as much (not including the cost of running the oven). One thing I never found online was if it were possible to make a a Kit Kat cheesecake, but I suppose if you put whole sticks in the middle of the cheese cake batter the heat would melt the chocolate and then it would cause the wafers to become soggy. Guess one could just garnish with Kit Kats.

As for the thread question, I miss the old McCain Crescendo Rising Crust pizzas. I loved their sauce as it was on the sweeter side, and the cheese was usually good. Pity they sold off their pizza line to Dr. Oetker's and they turned it into the Guiseppe line.

Most frozen pizzas don't use enough cheese for my preference. I'll usually add a bit more.

I miss the Kirkland Pepperoni Rising Crust pizzas. I liked that they gave you slices as well as the diced pepperoni. I wish they would bring them back.
Jan 22, 2017
394 posts
252 upvotes
GTA
I too enjoy the occasional frozen pizza but I can't believe this thread is 20 pages long and goes back to 2013 Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21706 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
papermate2 wrote: I too enjoy the occasional frozen pizza but I can't believe this thread is 20 pages long and goes back to 2013 Face With Tears Of Joy
That's because there have been many changes in frozen pizza since 2013. Why Delissio is still the only choice for frozen Vegetarian rising crust pizza, I'll never know...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5351 posts
2459 upvotes
papermate2 wrote: I too enjoy the occasional frozen pizza but I can't believe this thread is 20 pages long and goes back to 2013 Face With Tears Of Joy
Many forums, including RFD, have options where you can change the number of posts per page. It sounds like you have it on the default if you're seeing 20 pages. I'm seeing 8 pages because I have my settings at 40 posts per page. It makes reading threads a lot easier when you're not always clicking to the next/previous page.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
Delissio has these new "singles" pizzas, looks like 2 X 6" pizzas to a box for $5.99 regular price. https://www.madewithnestle.ca/delissio/ ... ssed-pizza

Given the same width of crust, the smaller the pizza, the greater % of area is crust vs splitting a normal-sized pizza. This is for people who can't get along well enough to share a pizza, and would eat more crust to spite the other?

Can't microwave them.

Expensive.

Not feeling this one.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Frozen Boxed Pizza = Dr Oetker’s
Casa di Mama is our favourite line up
Often though we’ll add on some extra toppings ... Pepperoni, Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms ... whatever we have on hand
And cheese ... we always add extra cheese

Frozen Pizza is ok

But if it ain’t delivery
The next best go to is Homemade Pizza
Easy enough to do ... pizza dough is easy to make
We do a double batch of dough, and freeze one for later

Nice thing about homemade pizza is everyone can dress their own

We cook ours in an electric range ... on a pizza stone
In the summertime, we’ve done them outside on the Gas Grill
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
I have to say that Delissio won me back. They finally reduce the thickness of their thin crust pizzas and now that 4 meats pizza is delicious.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1221 posts
293 upvotes
Oshawa
Delissio now has a pan pizza for $6.99 regular price. Opted to try it and I was not a fan (and I love pan pizza). I found the bottom of the dough to be gritty likely due to flour. Figured I'd mention this in case anyone was considering it.

Even without that gritty issue it was rather mediocre compared to their own lines sadly.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1879 upvotes
Scarborough
I always go for the Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria Deep Dish 4 Cheese pizzas when they go on sale or the Delissio Rising Crust Spicy Chicken Deluxe pizzas.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
i forgot the name of it, mccains deep rise or something with thick crust and alot of meats! that was D! too bad they didn't have a pineapple, bacon and sausage model..those my 3 main tops on a pizza!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
toronto19850 wrote: mccain mini pizza's eaten raw, amazing
tf
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17417 posts
12772 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: i forgot the name of it, mccains deep rise or something with thick crust and alot of meats! that was D!
McCain's pizza making operation was bought out by Oetker a few years back
I believe Oetker rebranded some of the McCain line under they own various lines

https://www.oetker.ca/ca-en/our-product ... ust/4-meat
mikka2017 wrote: ... too bad they didn't have a pineapple, bacon and sausage model..those my 3 main tops on a pizza!
You might be able to find a frozen pizza with bacon & sausage so just buy a can of pineapple chunks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)