Credit Cards

What's your highest credit card limit?

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2020 6:05 am
Tags:
None

Poll: What's your highest credit card limit?

  • Total votes: 309. You have voted on this poll.
Below $1k
 
0
0%
Between $1k - $5k
 
10
3%
Between $5k - $10k
 
37
12%
Between $10k - $20k
 
110
36%
Between $20k - $30k
 
78
25%
Between $30k - $50k
 
58
19%
Higher than $50k
 
16
5%
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 4, 2015
1224 posts
807 upvotes

What's your highest credit card limit?

What is the max limit you have on a credit card? and what is the issuer institution, if possible?
Last edited by barmadrid on Jun 8th, 2019 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
79 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3488 posts
1260 upvotes
Woodbridge
$5500 C1 Costco MC. Not sure we've ever used half of it though. Never had a reason to ask for more.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35645 posts
21730 upvotes
Center of Universe
No limit on AMEX Biz Gold. Lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2007
1370 posts
1579 upvotes
$41k RBC. One of my oldest, they just kept offering to up it. Too bad none of their cards really appeal to me or else I'd actually use it.
🏦 Banking: Alterna Bank (1%, No fees), Motive Financial (1.25%, No fees)
📈 Investing: Scotia iTRADE (XGRO, No fees)
💳 Spending: Scotia Amex Gold (5pts dine/3pts drive, forex), Amex SCP (2%, rest), Brim Mastercard (1%, non-Amex spend)
Member
Dec 5, 2017
204 posts
161 upvotes
Wow, I'm in the bottom 3%. What are you guys buying that you need such a high limit?
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
14446 posts
12322 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Spiritwalker2222 wrote: Wow, I'm in the bottom 3%. What are you guys buying that you need such a high limit?
Lolz.

Many of us have cards for over a decade and the bank keeps increasing CL.

I have shy of $30k between two MBNA cards combined (can move CL between the cards any time).

Got $20k between two TD cards combined. Unfortunately, can't move CL between TD and MBNA (although they should add that feature down the road).

I don't have CC's with anyone else for now.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 9, 2012
3562 posts
2225 upvotes
Kitchener
Not sure if I clicked the right one....I clicked the 20K to 30K, could have clicked 30K to 50K?

Obviously mine is 30K exactly. (actually, $30,000.05 cuz somehow I overpaid...)
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 24, 2017
5504 posts
4054 upvotes
Amex SPG 35k, the card that I will keep forever.
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
💳 Credit card combo (2.5-7.5% return): AmEx + Scotiabank + CIBC
Member
Sep 4, 2017
457 posts
136 upvotes
C1 GOLD-$1000
BMO Preferred Rate-$2500
CT Options-$3500
RBC CashBack MC-$1000
CIBC Dividend Platinum Visa-$
Scotia Momentum Visa-$2000

Way far back when I first started credit I had $10500 RBC Preferred Visa, $5000 MBNA Melaleuca PP & $2500 TD GM Visa.
Last edited by lola99 on Feb 26th, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1717 posts
1271 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: Amex SPG 35k, the card that I will keep forever.
Hmm curious, is it just for the high CL? No annual benefits really to speak of... or do you travel/spend enough to make use of the SPG Gold / free weekend night?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 24, 2017
5504 posts
4054 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Hmm curious, is it just for the high CL? No annual benefits really to speak of... or do you travel/spend enough to make use of the SPG Gold / free weekend night?
Amex SPG is my main card, so it easily reaches 40k a year. Yup, SPG Gold + free weekend night. Plus, you earn at least 1 SPG point per $ spent. I value it at 4 cents each, so it equals to 4% back on everything. Which card can give me this kind of RICH return? None.

Well worth the $120 annual fee.
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
💳 Credit card combo (2.5-7.5% return): AmEx + Scotiabank + CIBC
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 4, 2015
1224 posts
807 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: Amex SPG is my main card, so it easily reaches 40k a year. Yup, SPG Gold + free weekend night. Plus, you earn at least 1 SPG point per $ spent. I value it at 4 cents each, so it equals to 4% back on everything. Which card can give me this kind of RICH return? None.

Well worth the $120 annual fee.
Interesting! Do they allow credit type switch or I have to do new app?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1717 posts
1271 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: Amex SPG is my main card, so it easily reaches 40k a year. Yup, SPG Gold + free weekend night. Plus, you earn at least 1 SPG point per $ spent. I value it at 4 cents each, so it equals to 4% back on everything. Which card can give me this kind of RICH return? None.

Well worth the $120 annual fee.
Hm, interesting... how do you use the points for you to determine a value of 4cpp?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 24, 2017
5504 posts
4054 upvotes
barmadrid wrote: Interesting! Do they allow credit type switch or I have to do new app?
I believe you need to submit new app. Good thing is you will get welcome bonus. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
💳 Credit card combo (2.5-7.5% return): AmEx + Scotiabank + CIBC
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 24, 2017
5504 posts
4054 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Hm, interesting... how do you use the points for you to determine a value of 4cpp?
I use the points for hotels as I have never transferred to other programs. A quick example: New York, July 23-29, 2 adults, you can get one night at a category-2 hotel as low as 3666 points (186 USD after tax). That is a solid 6%+ return.

The rule of SPG is to redeem when it rate is good, and you need to define what the definition of 'good' is. It's as simple as that.
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
💳 Credit card combo (2.5-7.5% return): AmEx + Scotiabank + CIBC
Sr. Member
Apr 5, 2017
956 posts
711 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
10-20k

I'm guessing a lot in the bracket are like me, and when they receive notice they are approved for more on top of that, they question "but why?".

I just can't play out a scenario where I need more. Biggest expense so far on a CC was $7000 down-payment for a vehicle so that I could rack up 7000 points. Then paid CC bill as soon as they would let me.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 24, 2017
5504 posts
4054 upvotes
tehwegz wrote: 10-20k

I'm guessing a lot in the bracket are like me, and when they receive notice they are approved for more on top of that, they question "but why?".

I just can't play out a scenario where I need more. Biggest expense so far on a CC was $7000 down-payment for a vehicle so that I could rack up 7000 points. Then paid CC bill as soon as I could.
Last year I had 15 friends/relatives coming to visit us from another country and I needed to pay the vacation for them first then they paid me back later. Total cost is above 30k for 20 people. I love high CL because I have ability to earn more rewards. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
📱 Telus: $30/25GB Peace of Mind Plan + 1000 International minutes
💳 Credit card combo (2.5-7.5% return): AmEx + Scotiabank + CIBC

Top