• Mar 31st, 2018 5:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
856 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC

Wheat beer question. Need answer fast

I have a bottle of Modelo Trigo ( Spanish for wheat) on the go right now and just noticed little white flecks in it.
It tastes real nice, but I'm now hesitant to finish it, but really hate to throw out 2/3 of a beer.

Help!
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2737 posts
137 upvotes
Peterborough
Yeast. Sediment from brewing. Not fatal/harmful.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
856 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
wiggy wrote: Yeast. Sediment from brewing. Not fatal/harmful.
Thanks wiggly. It was a surprise in the fridge. I don't usually care for wheat beers but this one was nice.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2737 posts
137 upvotes
Peterborough
poleman wrote: Thanks wiggly. It was a surprise in the fridge. I don't usually care for wheat beers but this one was nice.
Wheat beers are a fave of mine. But Not North American ones, except Unibroue stuff. Go German.
Last edited by wiggy on Mar 26th, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6274 posts
687 upvotes
BC
wiggy wrote: Wheat beers are a cave of mine. But Not North American ones, except Unibroue stuff. Go German.
If you are ever out west there are some really good wheat beers made at local micro breweries.. some of the best I've had.
That's my 2cents worth
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
856 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
I was impressed with this wheat beer, and by far the best I've had. If you like wheat beer and they bring Modelo Wheat/Trigo to Canada, it's definitely worth trying. Just don't be put off by the floaties.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20173 posts
4727 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
wiggy wrote: Wheat beers are a cave of mine. But Not North American ones, except Unibroue stuff. Go German.
Agree with this.
Paulaner and Weihenstephaner are tops in my books.

If you want to be patriotic, the Side Launch wheat beer is a very good Canadian product.
- casual gastronomist -
Apr 12, 2008
613 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote: If you want to be patriotic, the Side Launch wheat beer is a very good Canadian product.
Those of you old enough might remember the great wheet beer made by Michael Hancock at Denison's Brewpub in downtown Toronto. That's his beer in the Side Launch cans.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2737 posts
137 upvotes
Peterborough
M_Matt wrote: Those of you old enough might remember the great wheet beer made by Michael Hancock at Denison's Brewpub in downtown Toronto. That's his beer in the Side Launch cans.
True. I was speaking to broadly when I dissed NA stuff. Lots of good stuff out there. I like the softer Euro style, not some of the less subtle stuff.
Apr 12, 2008
613 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
wiggy wrote: True. I was speaking to broadly when I dissed NA stuff. Lots of good stuff out there. I like the softer Euro style, not some of the less subtle stuff.
Oh I wasn't disagreeing, just reminiscing after reading the comment on Side Launch. I'm partial to Paulaner and Schneider Aventinus myself, but I do pick up Side Launch too.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2737 posts
137 upvotes
Peterborough
Jucius Maximus wrote: Agree with this.
Paulaner and Weihenstephaner are tops in my books.

If you want to be patriotic, the Side Launch wheat beer is a very good Canadian product.
Weihenstephaner is my go to.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20173 posts
4727 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
wiggy wrote: Weihenstephaner is my go to.
If you haven't tried Paulaner in a while, I suggest you give it another chance. I find that after they switched from bottles to cans, it was much improved.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1311 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto
There are some good wheat beers coming out of Montana and Wyoming. I particular like Great Northern Brewery in Montana.

German wheat beers are great, as are the Belgian. Not a hops fan so wheat beers are my go to.