Wheel alignment in Montreal area

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2021 4:08 pm
[OP]
Jan 10, 2006
471 posts
235 upvotes

Wheel alignment in Montreal area

Any recommendations on where to get a wheel alignment in the greater Montreal area?

It's for a 2009 Venza,. I plan to find out how much the Toyota dealer charges, and I'll call Canadian Tire too since it should be a pretty generic service, but I'm curious to learn of other shops with a good reputation.
11 replies
Feb 7, 2017
110 posts
88 upvotes
Alignment garbis.

The place is the best hands down in the city. I’ve done all my cars here and never had a bad experience. They use the hunter 3D alignment machine followed by a test drive to ensure alignment is 100%

If I recall should be around 100$
Feb 7, 2017
110 posts
88 upvotes
Alignment garbis.

The place is the best hands down in the city. I’ve done all my cars here and never had a bad experience. They use the hunter 3D alignment machine followed by a test drive to ensure alignment is 100%

If I recall should be around 100$
Dec 31, 2017
59 posts
17 upvotes
Montreal
edit: looking for shops specifically in the montreal area

sorry to hijack this thread, judging from your post history you seem knowledgeable about cars. do you know of any good shops which will do a thorough pre purchase inspection? The CAA shops are charging $258 all in, which is a steep. here is a copy of what their inspection includes. i figure i could show this to a good shop and get a better quote.
INSPECTION CHECKLIST
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1651 posts
634 upvotes
Montreal
Definitively KNS Autosport! Very honest and competent people, price for alignment is pretty good, and they just got a new state of the art alignment machine in November
[OP]
Jan 10, 2006
471 posts
235 upvotes
Thanks, I'll call Alignement Garbis and KNS Autosport.

Note that I'm just looking for good "stock" service and when I see too much tuner/performance focus I get nervous about the shop's priorities. I'm looking for reliability and no headaches more than top line performance optimization. eg. boring but reliable Toyota mindset vs AMG or Lambo audience
adri8524 wrote: do you know of any good shops which will do a thorough pre purchase inspection? The CAA shops are charging $258 all in, which is a steep. here is a copy of what their inspection includes. i figure i could show this to a good shop and get a better quote.
INSPECTION CHECKLIST
You might be better off having the vehicle inspected at a dealer for the same brand. Call several and see how you feel about their attitudes. At least you know the dealer's technicians will be familiar with those vehicles and their common flaws. The prices are equivalent or even less sometimes, but call around because each dealer sets their own price and it varies a bit. eg. one Toyota dealer had their mechanical inspection for $125 while others were $160 or more. One would also do a computer scan of the vehicle for an additional $69.

It's worth calling around even when buying parts from a dealer. When I noted to one dealer that their prices are higher than other dealers and asked if they would price match, and they readily agreed. Apparently even the parts prices are set by the dealers, not the manufacturer, and they have the freedom to change them at will.

You might want to make your own thread, and extensively read forums and watch videos of mechanics' feedback about the vehicle you're considering. There are lots of scary stories about used car purchases gone wrong, even from chatting with dealers' service departments.
Aug 5, 2007
101 posts
66 upvotes
+1 KNS Autosport, one of the few with a flush mounted alignment rack.
[OP]
Jan 10, 2006
471 posts
235 upvotes
fromage wrote: +1 KNS Autosport, one of the few with a flush mounted alignment rack.
Does a flush-mounted rack matter for anything other than cars with very low ground clearance?
Jun 21, 2006
803 posts
405 upvotes
Hello no it doesnt matter it only helps with ground clearance
i would prefer a shop with the Hunter brand hawkeye elite alignment machine
Jul 23, 2012
473 posts
177 upvotes
Montreal
If it's close by check Sam's Tire shop:

https://goo.gl/maps/1xqoTyztxec7Jyyi7

They don't go by appointment, it's a first time first served basis. During the summer I paid $50 (they accept credit card, debit card, and cash, no difference in price) for my 2015 passat tdi, so likely it'll be the same price however give them a ring to make sure. At this point in the season they'll be quiet, and pretty empty. The moment tire changing season comes don't bother going as it's crazy busy especially since it's where a majority of taxi drivers go to.
Aug 5, 2007
101 posts
66 upvotes
fizikz wrote: Does a flush-mounted rack matter for anything other than cars with very low ground clearance?
if they bothered to flush mount the rack, which is expensive to do(think of the cutting of the concrete and blueprinting and installing the rack), then you know they care to do good work. they aint just doing "good enough" or trying to appeal to the masses. Canadian Tire can do that, KNS goes for the crowd that wants it done right and properly.