PC & Video Games

Wheel of Fortune App Downloaded Everyone's Display Pics Into My Phone, You're Good With That?

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 8:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19163 posts
6721 upvotes
Toronto

Wheel of Fortune App Downloaded Everyone's Display Pics Into My Phone, You're Good With That?

Does this seem right to you?

So I did a transfer of photos from my phone to my computer and what came along with it was all the people I've played against in this Wheel of Fortune app. This ends up being people's personal display photos, many of which are clear headshots of the person.

This is very strange to me, as I've haven't had an app download this much data before.

Thoughts?
1374.jpg
1341.jpg
1344.jpg
1368.jpg
1369.jpg
1373.jpg
RedFlagDeals Addict
2 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1423 posts
1098 upvotes
Ottawa
No, it doesn't seem right that you are posting Everyone's Display Pics :) But honestly, that why reading the ToS/permissions is so important... and assuming everything is public even with strict privacy settings.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19163 posts
6721 upvotes
Toronto
cloak wrote: No, it doesn't seem right that you are posting Everyone's Display Pics :) But honestly, that why reading the ToS/permissions is so important... and assuming everything is public even with strict privacy settings.
:D The app support tried to tell me there was something wrong with my phone.

I deleted the app lol

I already operate this way, it's just concerning when those who aren't seeking this information, will still get it. That doesn't seem very safe in an age where everyone wants privacy.
RedFlagDeals Addict