PC & Video Games

When can we expect the E3 preorder deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2016 5:52 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1447 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver

When can we expect the E3 preorder deals?

I would think it would be this week, i'm going on holiday but I don't want to miss it.
23 replies
Apr 2, 2013
532 posts
517 upvotes
Barrie
According to an e-mail from Best Buy I received this morning, they will be announcing their E3 pre-order deals on Friday 10 Jun 16.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6685 posts
6613 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Last year's E3 pre-order sale went up about five days before the start of E3, and lasted until a week after it ended (albeit it was extended).
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1447 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
aeba7 wrote: Last year's E3 pre-order sale went up about five days before the start of E3, and lasted until a week after it ended (albeit it was extended).
hmmm, kind of risky for me to go on holiday then.
TheGuard wrote: According to an e-mail from Best Buy I received this morning, they will be announcing their E3 pre-order deals on Friday 10 Jun 16.
so we can expect this deal to last until the 24th i assume. if it's going to be a one week deal.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6685 posts
6613 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If it were me, I'd just give my buddy my credit card and a list of games I want. Worst case, you can cancel your order when you get back.

EDIT: Or even simpler, just save your payment info on your BB account, and give him or her access to that.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5799 posts
731 upvotes
Ottawa
SquirreI wrote: I would think it would be this week, i'm going on holiday but I don't want to miss it.
You won't have access to an internet device for an hour during your holiday?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
How do these e3pre-orders work exactly? I've never done them before.

Basically around the time of e3, retailers offer certain games at a discount if you pre-order basically? Is it specific to games that are announced at e3 only?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
SuperDuperFox wrote: How do these e3pre-orders work exactly? I've never done them before.

Basically around the time of e3, retailers offer certain games at a discount if you pre-order basically? Is it specific to games that are announced at e3 only?
IIRC, BestBuy's old deals were 20% off, or if you order 3 or more, then it's 30% off. Amazon.ca was 30% off I believe... although their shipping is atrocious now unless you have Prime.

I guess we'll see what they come up with this Friday.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6631 posts
2740 upvotes
Canada
Huh? Shipping is free on orders over $25.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote: Huh? Shipping is free on orders over $25.
Yeah, but it was slow. Like they deliberately give you slower shipping so that they can sell you a Prime subscription. I had to call them many times to complain and get my shipping moved up. In some cases, my game shipped the week after launch, and I live in Toronto.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
M1GOmigs wrote: Yeah, but it was slow. Like they deliberately give you slower shipping so that they can sell you a Prime subscription. I had to call them many times to complain and get my shipping moved up. In some cases, my game shipped the week after launch, and I live in Toronto.
+1000, I've been complaining about this for a while. Amazon intentionally holds off shipping for non-prime members to induce them to be a paying member.

I'm about 5 minutes away from the Mississauga distribution center. I use to get everything delivered in 2 days or the next day (if I order early in the morning the day before), always, way before Prime was introduced, using the standard super-saver shipping. I used to laugh at Prime initially, cuz I was like "why would I pay this, everything comes in 2 days anyway."

I did a test with my bro who has a free prime trial. We ordered the same item, in stock. His came in 2 days as always, mine took literally two weeks.

I used to joke that prime isn't a payment you make for better service, it's a payment you make to keep the existing service, otherwise you get downgraded lol.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
M1GOmigs wrote: Yeah, but it was slow. Like they deliberately give you slower shipping so that they can sell you a Prime subscription. I had to call them many times to complain and get my shipping moved up. In some cases, my game shipped the week after launch, and I live in Toronto.
I've never had any issues.

But honestly, I never do E3 orders with Amazon as it's much easier for me to return 90% of the games that I won't be keeping to Best Buy anyway.

I end up ordering every single game for each system I have, then return them as they ship. Just easier for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote: I've never had any issues.

But honestly, I never do E3 orders with Amazon as it's much easier for me to return 90% of the games that I won't be keeping to Best Buy anyway.

I end up ordering every single game for each system I have, then return them as they ship. Just easier for me.
When's the last time you ordered a game from Amazon? It's an issue... see the post above yours too.

And there's literally no reason that they have to hold back shipping, especially in the case of preorder items. Except of course because it makes Prime more enticing.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
SuperDuperFox wrote: +1000, I've been complaining about this for a while. Amazon intentionally holds off shipping for non-prime members to induce them to be a paying member.

I'm about 5 minutes away from the Mississauga distribution center. I use to get everything delivered in 2 days or the next day (if I order early in the morning the day before), always, way before Prime was introduced, using the standard super-saver shipping. I used to laugh at Prime initially, cuz I was like "why would I pay this, everything comes in 2 days anyway."

I did a test with my bro who has a free prime trial. We ordered the same item, in stock. His came in 2 days as always, mine took literally two weeks.

I used to joke that prime isn't a payment you make for better service, it's a payment you make to keep the existing service, otherwise you get downgraded lol.
What's worse is that Prime in Canada is garbage. At least in the US, you get more perks other than just faster shipping. Like, I'm sure you get access to their video service, and free cloud storage or something, along w/ Prime deals. I did the free trial, and promptly cancelled when the trial was up.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
M1GOmigs wrote: When's the last time you ordered a game from Amazon? It's an issue... see the post above yours too.

And there's literally no reason that they have to hold back shipping, especially in the case of preorder items. Except of course because it makes Prime more enticing.
Once a month? I just got a game last week from them, no issues with shipments.

I literally order from Amazon every week.

If someone has a concern about not receiving release day games (which I rarely ever do when I buy from Best Buy, by the way) then just walk into a store and buy it if it matters that much.

Kind of stupid though, playing a game day 1 is playing the inferior version anyway.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10799 posts
669 upvotes
Scarborough
Its not an issue for me as I don't play games the day it comes out but I had one ship yesterday and arrive today not shipped through prime.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12042 posts
2646 upvotes
I hope BB brings back the 3+ for 30%. I like using them because they mail day of for all their releases. I have Mirror's Edge Catalyst waiting for me when I get home.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5548 posts
1208 upvotes
calgary
joeyjoejoe wrote: I hope BB brings back the 3+ for 30%. I like using them because they mail day of for all their releases. I have Mirror's Edge Catalyst waiting for me when I get home.
Yup BB has been ace for me in terms of delivery its usually within a day of release. Amazon was terrible, I'll never use amazon for anything that I want right away, seriously by the time some of these games show up to my door theyve already dropped in price.

Mirrors Edge is pretty great IMO BTW.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Yup BB has been ace for me in terms of delivery its usually within a day of release. Amazon was terrible, I'll never use amazon for anything that I want right away, seriously by the time some of these games show up to my door theyve already dropped in price.

Mirrors Edge is pretty great IMO BTW.
I'm picking up my copy of Mirror's Edge today, although I'm likely not going to hold on to it after Thursday. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9254 posts
3769 upvotes
Even as an Amazon Prime member, I do not always get games on their street release date.
I forgot to cancel Mirror's Edge Catalyst from Best Buy and I received it today.

From Amazon Prime, I received 2 Odin Sphere SE today (Collector's Edition PS4 & Vita) but Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator has not shipped and has an estimated delivery date of Friday.

Often from Amazon Prime I do not get games or movies on release date, but Best Buy with free shipping arrives on release date or the day before usually.
At least here in Toronto.

Amazon sometimes ships via Canada Post, UPS, or another unknown random courier.
squadz wrote: Once a month? I just got a game last week from them, no issues with shipments.

I literally order from Amazon every week.

If someone has a concern about not receiving release day games (which I rarely ever do when I buy from Best Buy, by the way) then just walk into a store and buy it if it matters that much.

Kind of stupid though, playing a game day 1 is playing the inferior version anyway.