• Nov 6th, 2008 3:04 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 11, 2002
17 posts
3 upvotes
St. Catharines

When Dell ships console games

Do they send it in normal packaging? I got an email for them that my order of Gears 2 was being delayed a few days so i was wondering if i'd be able to just go out and buy it at FS or BB tonight and then when i get the copy from [rfdlink=55]Dell[/rfdlink] return that (still sealed) to FS/BB. If they send the game in non-standard packaging this definitely won't work though.
6 replies
Mar 14, 2005
453 posts
Edmonton, AB
Wow, another one of you guys...

Look, you ordered it from Dell, you already know its not going to be delivered on release day.

You think it harms no one if you just buy it and return it, right? Well if you pay by credit card, the store gets dinged for 2 transactions. Not to mention the time & resources of the store that you waste processing the return.

Anyways, that being said, the packaging is the same. So yes, in theory you can do what you just described. Next time, don't order online if you absolutely have to have the game on release day.

Ordering online=cheaper, buying-in-store=get the game immediately. Its a trade-off, you can't have both.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2005
5111 posts
1546 upvotes
Kitchener
I phoned Dell a few days ago and canceled my Far Cry 2 pre-order on Oct 23rd because it was taking too long to get it, they had a ship date of Nov 7. I don't think they really give a crap about game orders
Mar 14, 2005
453 posts
Edmonton, AB
I waited two months for Mario Kart before I finally cancelled, I'd actually forgotten about the game. To be honest, I probably shouldn't have ordered GOW2, but it was pretty cheap so I thought I'd give them a second chance. If I don't have it within a week of release date, it will be the last time I order from Dell.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
boredguy wrote: Do they send it in normal packaging? I got an email for them that my order of Gears 2 was being delayed a few days so i was wondering if i'd be able to just go out and buy it at FS or BB tonight and then when i get the copy from Dell return that (still sealed) to FS/BB. If they send the game in non-standard packaging this definitely won't work though.
You can try to do this but Dell could easily screw you over by delaying your order again until after your return period with BB/FS. Do yourself (and the store) a favor and just cancel with Dell then buy it at store... or buy it in store then cancel Dell's order. If you need something fast, don't order from Dell (same goes with laptop, etc).

Abusing return policy will just make it go away faster (or actually make restocking come earlier), which harms people who actually have legit reasons for returning (instead of abusing the system).
Jun 18, 2006
592 posts
33 upvotes
I got fallout 3, 1 week after its release. The packaging was a bit different. It had the french manual added to the exterior and they gave it a second seal.
Oct 12, 2006
390 posts
38 upvotes
In the case of Mario Kart, I ended up canceling my order after 3 "almost for certain next week" responses from them and over 3 months of waiting.

Awful.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)