Fitness and Nutrition

When do you think gym equipment stock&price will go back to normal?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 7:22 am
[OP]
Sep 19, 2014
440 posts
227 upvotes
Markham, ON

When do you think gym equipment stock&price will go back to normal?

Wanted to add/replace some of the entry level equipment i have at home... (Squat rack, barbell, weight plate, bench)

it seems a lot of stuffs are still out of stock and selling at much higher prices compare to pre-lock down.
Do you guys think stock and prices will go back to normal within a few months?

Or we are probably going to get stuck with these prices and stock in the foreseeable future?
3 replies
Jun 28, 2018
204 posts
253 upvotes
Aurora, Ontario
I suspect things will remain at this level probably till spring. I walked into spartan fitness in Newmarket yesterday and they had the FID bench I bought from them back in February in stock, which is an improvement but for the most part they were still cleared out. No plates and one pair of 15 lb dumbbells. They did have one nice Olympic barbell but it was a premium one listed for around $500.

Treadmill factory has the nice xtreme monkey 365 power cages in stock but they only sell then as a package with bench, bar and plates.

Rogue restocks once in a while and if you really watch and are patient you can pretty much get anything. Especially if you’re not overly picky on the type of item and have money. That’s what I’m noticing now. If you have the cash it’s not THAT hard to get equipment, especially if you want the more high end stuff. But the cheap stuff is basically impossible to find and you can forget about finding “deals”.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1901 posts
327 upvotes
Ottawa
Nothing will be back to normal until COVID is over. Retail is not price gouging generally; they may be passing on additional costs in the interim. However, I think that private people who buy retail market stock and resell at inflated price depletes what limited stock there may be. As long as Kijiji and Marketplace are thriving this cycle will continue. Things aren't necessarily out of stock as you may think. Stuff has been coming in however it flies off the shelves within minutes and gives the appearance of always being OOS. I think COVID and acquiring fitness equipment will only get worse this winter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to feel smart - get stupid freinds...
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4696 posts
1150 upvotes
Not until a vaccine, and even then I suspect many people won't return to a traditional gym.
Let's hug it out

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)