Personal Finance

When should I worry about not receiving CERB money?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2020 5:22 pm
[OP]
Apr 8, 2020
1 posts

When should I worry about not receiving CERB money?

I got my application through Monday morning at 6:03 am and I am hearing about how others have already received finances while I have not. I called the CERB hotline and they pretty much told me I have to just wait till Friday to find out if I get it and if I don't, call Monday and apply for the second payment period of CERB anyways. This just feels unacceptable, the service worker also couldn't clarify anyway to find out if your application has been confirmed or denied. I'm legitimately out of food and live somewhere with no access to a food bank as I am vehicles and hours out from any major towns or cities. She also couldn't confirm or deny if the payments are veritable, not set and there is no difference made on when you applied for CERB. My frustration is equally multiplied after not getting any actionable advice I am reading the news about how people have received up to over 4000$.

What should I do and should I be worried.
4 replies
Jun 23, 2017
200 posts
106 upvotes
I had a question about CERB

- I am 69 years old. I was on EI until December 2019 when it finished.
- I had made over $5000 last year in income
- I got a contract job for a month in Jan 2020 - the contract only lasted 10 days
- I was hired for a position which would begin on April 1 but it got shelved because of COVID

Will I qualify for CERB?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7010 posts
1362 upvotes
Scarborough
ninjasmilez11 wrote: I had a question about CERB

- I am 69 years old. I was on EI until December 2019 when it finished.
- I had made over $5000 last year in income
- I got a contract job for a month in Jan 2020 - the contract only lasted 10 days
- I was hired for a position which would begin on April 1 but it got shelved because of COVID

Will I qualify for CERB?
Apply for it
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11005 posts
9486 upvotes
BioDNA wrote: I got my application through Monday morning at 6:03 am and I am hearing about how others have already received finances while I have not. I called the CERB hotline and they pretty much told me I have to just wait till Friday to find out if I get it and if I don't, call Monday and apply for the second payment period of CERB anyways. This just feels unacceptable, the service worker also couldn't clarify anyway to find out if your application has been confirmed or denied. I'm legitimately out of food and live somewhere with no access to a food bank as I am vehicles and hours out from any major towns or cities. She also couldn't confirm or deny if the payments are veritable, not set and there is no difference made on when you applied for CERB. My frustration is equally multiplied after not getting any actionable advice I am reading the news about how people have received up to over 4000$.

You have zero money for food? I mean in extreme case go to a neighbor and just ask for something and tell them you can pay them back when you get money.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1883 posts
1699 upvotes
BioDNA wrote: I got my application through Monday morning at 6:03 am and I am hearing about how others have already received finances while I have not. I called the CERB hotline and they pretty much told me I have to just wait till Friday to find out if I get it and if I don't, call Monday and apply for the second payment period of CERB anyways. This just feels unacceptable, the service worker also couldn't clarify anyway to find out if your application has been confirmed or denied. I'm legitimately out of food and live somewhere with no access to a food bank as I am vehicles and hours out from any major towns or cities. She also couldn't confirm or deny if the payments are veritable, not set and there is no difference made on when you applied for CERB. My frustration is equally multiplied after not getting any actionable advice I am reading the news about how people have received up to over 4000$.

I think the people that received it mostly were on EI to start. Just be patient.