Real Estate

Where are the best place to find Toronto condo assignments?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2019 4:38 pm
[OP]
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
90 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto

Where are the best place to find Toronto condo assignments?

Beside Kijjiji

Thanks
[promotional content removed]
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2140 posts
2240 upvotes
Toronto
Kijiji is actually where most of them go, sometimes they are on MLS as well, but more often than not builder will not allow to advertise on MLS so people use kijiji.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5761 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
VictorS858055 wrote: Beside Kijjiji

Thanks
I know many will hate this answer but only real way is to be connected to a good realtor.
Even if assignment is allowed by builder - it has to be requested and there are clauses such as , you cannot advertise in public.
I know 3 assignment opportunities as of right now. One in WHitby, one in Brampton and one in TO (bayview/sheppard) <--- One of these is willing to loose $100k down because they are leaving the country!
I inform big brokerages in GTA and directly connected contacts who are looking.
I have a buyer looking for assignment opportunity in Niagra Falls.
Assignments work only through connected realtors. The process and finances are exactly simple as well for these. Builder will try every opportunity to screw the other parties!
For Sale:
  • Powerful Constant Lights for Events / Photography
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
13874 posts
10145 upvotes
PrinceMS wrote: I know many will hate this answer but only real way is to be connected to a good realtor.
Even if assignment is allowed by builder - it has to be requested and there are clauses such as , you cannot advertise in public.
I know 3 assignment opportunities as of right now. One in WHitby, one in Brampton and one in TO (bayview/sheppard) <--- One of these is willing to loose $100k down because they are leaving the country!
Assignments work only through connected realtors. The process and finances are exactly simple as well for these. Builder will try every opportunity to screw the other parties!
This. I bought an assignment years ago just by hearing about it through a realtor I knew. Then some years later, had another opportunity, but turned it down. If you get in touch with realtors, there will always be "deals" as someone is always looking to get rid of their place outside of MLS.
Dec 28, 2010
679 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure but perhaps one can reach out to builder directly and ask if they were contacted with anyone interested in assignment?
I heard someone buy a house in Oakville from builder recently that was passed on by original signee unable to close, they forgo the deposit. The discount was passed on to the final buyer. I mean, legally all parties lawyers would reveal whatever amount was deposited etc,
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2140 posts
2240 upvotes
Toronto
PrinceMS wrote: I know many will hate this answer but only real way is to be connected to a good realtor.
I don't think so, my best deal assignments were those that I found myself on kijiji and yeah, you save on 2% commission as well.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
90 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
I only deal through with my agent. I can't buy through another agent. Lots of Asian agents aggressively mention that they 'will not co-operate' in their assignment ads.
I refuse to deal with people like that. What about paying referral fees for assignment leads...say $2000 cash for any deal that goes through.
[promotional content removed]
Oct 2, 2013
44 posts
8 upvotes
Montr
"more often than not builder will not allow to advertise on MLS "

Why do builders even care if you want to advertise an assignment on MLS or not?