Shopping Discussion

Where to buy Beds if needed within a week?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2016 1:53 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2014
2263 posts
1018 upvotes
Alberta

Where to buy Beds if needed within a week?

Hi everyone, I have visitors coming to stay with us for a while, and we had the basement finished a few months ago, and ordered mattresses which are coming tomorrow. However I forgot to buy the actual bed (headboard/rails etc). Other than IKEA, is there another store that offers either pickup/delivery within the next 5 days or so?

I was thinking IKEA because it's pretty inexpensive and looks nice. It just won't be great quality, but don't really care for the occasional use in the basement.

Thank in advance!!
11 replies
Mar 29, 2015
164 posts
101 upvotes
London, ON
Jysk would also have bed frames in stock...probably of similar quality and price to Ikea.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12223 posts
8631 upvotes
Edmonton
Sleep Country should have the rails. And our headboard came from Winners or Homesense... Both of them were "take home today" type of situations.

C
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2014
2263 posts
1018 upvotes
Alberta
CNeufeld wrote: Sleep Country should have the rails. And our headboard came from Winners or Homesense... Both of them were "take home today" type of situations.

C
I should have also pointed out a few things

1) I am in Edmonton, Alberta
2) I'm looking for an actual bed with the side rails etc. Not just the metal base. (worst case scenario I can pick that up from Costco I guess).

Thanks. I will check JYSK (if there is one here).

Another thing I noticed is that all these new beds don't have the capacity to take box springs, is that the case or can I put a box spring on it anyway.
Mar 29, 2015
164 posts
101 upvotes
London, ON
You can put a box spring on pretty much any frame/rails, but it might raise the elevation of the bed to a comical level, especially since mattresses are getting so thick these days.
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
522 upvotes
Brossard, QC
IKEA should be a good option.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28919 posts
9422 upvotes
Why not just get some steel-frames w/o headboards? Surely you can find some for cheap on kijiji, etc.?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
abc123yyz wrote: I was thinking IKEA because it's pretty inexpensive and looks nice. It just won't be great quality, but don't really care for the occasional use in the basement.
Everyone rips on IKEA for being held together by pressboard and dreams but I for one haven't broken my Malm yet.
It's actually quite sturdy.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
vegaling wrote: Jysk would also have bed frames in stock...probably of similar quality and price to Ikea.

Imao jysk is like dollar store of furniture, worst of the worst.
death_hawk wrote: Everyone rips on IKEA for being held together by pressboard and dreams but I for one haven't broken my Malm yet.
It's actually quite sturdy.
I've only had problems with their dressers. Doesn't matter which line, price point. Drawers all fall aprt after couple of years
Apr 14, 2015
580 posts
174 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
importpsycho wrote: Imao jysk is like dollar store of furniture, worst of the worst.
I don't know, we bought some bunk beds there that have been pretty solid. We did make the slight modification of actually screwing the slats into the bed frame though.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
importpsycho wrote: Imao jysk is like dollar store of furniture, worst of the worst.
I can't comment about their beds but I've purchased other things from there and I 100% agree.
The bar stools and like "large chair" I bought fell apart quickly.