Shopping Discussion

Where to buy Car Primer Paint Pen in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2018 10:21 am
[OP]
Jul 7, 2013
569 posts
806 upvotes

Where to buy Car Primer Paint Pen in Canada?

I'd like to repair some rust spots on my car before winter sets in, and can find the base & clearcoat in pen form but can't find primer in pen form. Anyone know who sells it?

I've searched Cdn Tire, Napa, googled, looked on Amazon.ca but was hoping to avoid buying from a US-based company as the shipping charge is ~$20USD.

Hoping to avoid the spray can form as I don't have a garage and am concerned about overspray in the interior (some work is on the interior door jamb) and elsewhere. I've never done car paint repairs before so am hoping another RFDer will share their experience.

Any insights much appreciated - TIA!

cheers,
:)
3 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18310 posts
5652 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully a pro helps out here but ultimately I used a paint pen and an aftermarket spray to seal. Overspray was reduced by making covers for all the surrounding paint (tape / paper, whatever).

We'll see what other ideas come up. YouTube videos might help.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
8078 posts
4466 upvotes
Alberta
I just buy the spray primer from CT and spray a bit into a small plastic cup. Then I use these fine tipped paint brushes from the Dollar Store to touch up paint chips. Works great.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2013
569 posts
806 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: I just buy the spray primer from CT and spray a bit into a small plastic cup. Then I use these fine tipped paint brushes from the Dollar Store to touch up paint chips. Works great.
Wow, mindblown - that is a great idea...thx thx!

cheers,
:)