• Sep 27th, 2020 9:53 pm
[OP]
Jul 26, 2009
28 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Where To Buy Frozen Chicken Karaage

images (1).jpeg
I am looking for a place where to buy those lovely frozen Chicken Karaage that they have on other parts of the world. Something like the frozen Ajinomoto brand in the US or similar. Your help is greatly appreciated.
16 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10809 posts
5880 upvotes
Markham
Don't know about frozen karaage but I've been meaning to hit up Poppa G's in Richmond Hill and pick up some boneless chicken wings.

Perhaps take these wings and rif it. Toss hot wings in some oil, Asian seasoning, raw minced garlic and ginger.

https://www.poppagswings.ca/
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8486 posts
2432 upvotes
Mississauga
It's really easy to make:
- marinate chicken in soy sauce, ginger, and garlic
- coat with corn starch
- fry in a hot wok.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6455 posts
5909 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Raggie wrote: It's really easy to make:
- coat with corn starch
- fry in a hot wok.
And it'll taste way, way better!
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10809 posts
5880 upvotes
Markham
Raggie wrote: It's really easy to make:
- coat with corn starch
- fry in a hot wok.
Easy yes. But

It's the deep frying that many ppl including me don't do much of. So they look for a shortcut of sorts.

[OP]
Jul 26, 2009
28 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
This as well. Something I can put on an air fryer or deep fry easily when the cravings hit or a good game is on.
gr8dlr wrote: Easy yes. But

It's the deep frying that many ppl including me don't do much of. So they look for a shortcut of sorts.
Jul 20, 2016
562 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: Don't know about frozen karaage but I've been meaning to hit up Poppa G's in Richmond Hill and pick up some boneless chicken wings.

Perhaps take these wings and rif it. Toss hot wings in some oil, Asian seasoning, raw minced garlic and ginger.

RFD is making me poorer and fatter by the day ;)

need to try this place
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10809 posts
5880 upvotes
Markham
gr8dlr wrote: Don't know about frozen karaage but I've been meaning to hit up Poppa G's in Richmond Hill and pick up some boneless chicken wings.

I went to this place yesterday around 5pm and it was closed even though hours are to 6pm. That's not a nice thing for a business to do IMO. If you set retail hours, adhere to them. Perhaps ppl need to call to check if they're open if they're going a bit out of the way.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8244 posts
1783 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: I went to this place yesterday around 5pm and it was closed even though hours are to 6pm. That's not a nice thing for a business to do IMO. If you set retail hours, adhere to them. Perhaps ppl need to call to check if they're open if they're going a bit out of the way.
The same thing happened to me about a month ago. It was a Friday and they were supposed to be open until 6pm. But nope, they were fully closed.

I would highly recommend calling them before going, to verify they are open.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43378 posts
6607 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain

Are they literally boneless wings? De-boned wings?
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10809 posts
5880 upvotes
Markham
UrbanPoet wrote: Are they literally boneless wings? De-boned wings?
This is what is says

Authentic Boneless Wings
Our boneless wing is a REAL boneless wing! We carefully remove the bones from our drumettes and flats and give them a light coating of batter and deep fry them. Making for scrumptious morsels of delicious goodness in just 10 to 12 minutes in your oven at 425F/220C. Or for extra crispiness deep fry from frozen for 2-3 minutes in your fryer at 390F/200C. Product Info: Boneless Wings are fully cooked, vacuum sealed and frozen in 1 lb packages. Minimum order 3 packages

Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12442 posts
4316 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: ... Poppa G's...boneless chicken wings.
UrbanPoet wrote: Are they literally boneless wings? De-boned wings?
Poppa Gs wrote: We carefully remove the bones from our drumettes and flats ...
I enjoy eating the cartilage ... who's with me?
It'd be impressive if they could de-bone the tips!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6996 posts
4164 upvotes
Victoria, BC
jenviea wrote: I enjoy eating the cartilage ... who's with me?
Well, not me that's for sure lol.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1365 posts
836 upvotes

gr8dlr wrote: I went to this place yesterday around 5pm and it was closed even though hours are to 6pm. That's not a nice thing for a business to do IMO. If you set retail hours, adhere to them. Perhaps ppl need to call to check if they're open if they're going a bit out of the way.
Don't bother. I was driving by, thought why not, and picked up a lb of chicken tenders and a lb of boneless wings. The tenders are thin, to the point that it looks like a thin sheet of chicken in 2 layers of breading. They came out so dry that it felt like eating chicken jerky. Tried baking them instead, same results.

The boneless wings tasted like gelatinous thigh meat, in the same insipid breading as the chicken tenders.

They all went to the circular filing cabinet.