Where to buy a good winter jacket?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 9:31 am
[OP]
Aug 19, 2019
17 posts
15 upvotes

Where to buy a good winter jacket?

Looking for a warm winter jacket that's both cozy and made well. Preferably a parka that's under 200$/
4 replies
Aug 5, 2005
524 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Uniqlo has warm down filled winter parkas that $200-250. BF / Cyber Monday it's on sale. Was going to pick one up but the style was too boxy for me. Love the pockets but the style didn't was appropriate with me. I ended up splurging on Mackage's BF parkas because I really need a warm jacket. Canada Goose's style is also too boxy for me and just doesn't feel lux the way Mackage does... this time, I purchased the parka that's not the shiny fabric, so hopefully it'll be water repellant.
Feb 20, 2015
250 posts
167 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Look at Sport Chek. Tons of name brands and they have Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales right now.

https://www.sportchek.ca/

I personally like Columbia products as I find they are well made and warm, for the price. They also accept and give financing on the Canadian Tire Triangle card.

If you are into high fashion type stuff, you'll be spending a lot more than your budget. I've spent more money on North Face coats and found their quality lacking. Paid $75 for a N.F windbreaker and the zipper was busted in a month. Complete garbage on par with WalMart brand stuff for $19.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2955 posts
2848 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I got the eddie bauer superior down parka for my nephew for ~$250 all in, and he was warm down to -5 or so, not sure how it'll hold up for the "real" cold..