• Oct 23rd, 2020 5:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1760 posts
1292 upvotes
GTA West

Where to buy Indian Lungi Pants

I am looking to get a couple of Indian lungi's. These are just a couple of yards of cloth, usually sewn into a tube. I am looking for traditional, hand-loomed madras weave cotton fabric like you see in South India.

There must be some stores in GTA that carry this kind of stuff?
6 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
25691 posts
3187 upvotes
Montreal
Dealmaker1945 wrote: Saw that but I didn't want to pay $60.
Can U ask why you want those? My dad wore them his whole life around the house and honestly it's not a flattering look. Other then letting your boys swing free, I don't see the attraction. Just get some loose pajamas.

Plus I could never tie the knowtright and stop them from riding down.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1760 posts
1292 upvotes
GTA West
mr_raider wrote: Can U ask why you want those? My dad wore them his whole life around the house and honestly it's not a flattering look. Other then letting your boys swing free, I don't see the attraction. Just get some loose pajamas.

Plus I could never tie the knot right and stop them from riding down.
They are for an ethnic food and costume night we have annually. I am torn between a dhoti and a lungi for this purpose. I am thinking I could also wear them around the house and as a wrap at the beach instead of a beach towel. I was in India a few years back and I liked the way you can just flip or double up a lungi to pee or squat on their toilets without getting dirty. Fashion note: do not wear with running shoes or a shirt with a clashing Madras colour pattern! Not a flattering look, as you say. My price point is under $20.

Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
25691 posts
3187 upvotes
Montreal
Dealmaker1945 wrote: I am torn between a dhoti and a lungi for this purpose.

Lungi. No one needs to see your upper thighs.