Where to buy Kikkoman Hoisin sauce

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 3:38 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15037 posts
12135 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
narmak wrote: Yea I signed up for the 3 month trial. I too love their equipment and taste test reviews.
Ya we haven’t done that ... yet

So far it’s just watching the two series on PBS (ATK & Cooks Country)

And we picked up 2 recent editions of the cookbooks on a great offer from Indigo / Chapters

All are great

Learning a lot, and enjoying all the recipes ... very yummy

Can’t say I haven’t found anything ... especially in the equipment or ingredient recommendations that’s been a disappointment
Dec 8, 2015
264 posts
131 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
narmak wrote: I’m referring to the kikkoman, not Lee Kum kee
The are probably just trying to promote the brand, Kikkoman products are terrible. There are much tastier brands at your local Asian store.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15037 posts
12135 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
narmak wrote:
I read on cooks illustrated that the kikkoman hoisin sauce is better.
narmak wrote:
Yea I signed up for the 3 month trial. I too love their equipment and taste test reviews.
jemjem9 wrote: The are probably just trying to promote the brand, Kikkoman products are terrible. There are much tastier brands at your local Asian store.
No doubt, there may better ones to be got at an Asian Grocery Store.

As to ATK, not quite as skeptical as you in regards to brand promotion.

I think it’s just a case of how ATK conducts their Testing. They more often than not look for food items that are readily available to the standard AMERICAN Cook, from MAINSTREAM sources ... like the LOCAL Grocery store

Then they test those products.

First the in house culinary experts / cooks test them
Alone & in recipes ... noting performance & taste experiences

Then a studio audience also taste tests

The info is all combined & presented

NOTING that everyone has their own taste buds & preferences

So the findings of the pros, might not always agree with the audience ... or people at home

I personally find it often enlightening info. And sometimes I agree, and sometimes I do not ... as my own tastebuds May have different preferences than the American Public when it comes to Sugar, Salt, Heat etc

But I do use it as a Point of Reference in my cooking adventures ... and have definitely expanded my taste buds to try new things, or new products ... which I figure the OP is also doing as they follow the shows, website, or magazine
Aug 26, 2010
500 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
narmak wrote: Anyone know where I can find this?
Saw it at T&T Warden and Steeles today (Purple label Kikkoman Hoisin sauce) - near the coolers/freezers/seafood sections. On the outside of an aisle.