Home & Garden

Where to buy Maxforce Carpenter Ant Bait Gel?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2015 4:28 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 28, 2010
90 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Where to buy Maxforce Carpenter Ant Bait Gel?

I have carpenter ants coming into my home. They are moving through the bottom corners of the sliding glass door that connects my kitchen and my backyard. Several dozens will appear during the night, after it rains, both workers and the winged females. The first time I found them, they were literally all over my kitchen floor, wings creating a buzzing noise (a couple even managed to fly to the lights on the ceiling....). I live in a semi-detached house. I can't imagine where the nest might be, or if there is even one in my foundation...I don't have wood piles or stuff like that anywhere near my house. I don't know if these ants are just scouting for a new colony--although as I mentioned, I am seeing not just a few, but several dozens at times, all concentrated at the base of the sliding glass door to my backyard.

Anyway, I tried Terro ant bait for a couple of weeks, and it didn't work. I read that apparently, carpenter ants were not attracted to sugar borax. I did come across a product that, in the past, some people have said worked well to kill carpenter ants in their nests, and that's the Maxforce Carpenter Ant Bait Gel. But I can't seem to find it at Canadian Tires or Home Depot. I can't even find it on Amazon.ca.

I don't want to order it from the Us and pay exorbitant shipping fees. Does anyone have a lead on where I might be able to purchase this in the GTA area?
1 reply