Shopping Discussion

Where to buy an old cleaning product called DIDI 7 (or something similar)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 2:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1607 posts
1176 upvotes

Where to buy an old cleaning product called DIDI 7 (or something similar)

Does anyone here remember an old commercial product they used to show on tv back in the 80s called DIDI 7?

Long story short, I have a bunch of white household items (bed sheets, clothing, towels, etc..) that have these age and water stains that are impossible to get out.
I've bought rubbing alcohol, baking soda, oxi-clean, woolite and bleach and nothing seems to work. I remember they used to have this commercial on tv for a product called Didi7 that got rid of almost everything.

Does anyone know if this product is still being manufactured, or is now going under a different name?

If not, can someone recommend a similar product that can remove old age and water stains, and which stores it can be purchased?
Always hungry ;)
2 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30467 posts
5020 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I remember Didi 7, but according to Wikipedia, it is no longer available as of 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didi_Seven

I suggest you try Pink Solution

https://lettingmybreasthangout.blogspot ... ducts.html

If you're a Costco member, try to catch the road show and view the demo. Quite impressive with stains. It removed Sharpie markers from floors, clothes etc.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9363 posts
6673 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Didi 7 was awesome, a fantastic Cdn product
Out of production as I understand it... something to do with the chemical composition & environmental concerns
I miss it, was an awesome cleaner

Our new go to is Resolve Crystal White Laundry Stain Remover
Like Didi 7 safe for whites, not colours

It’s a powder.
Typically we put it onto the stain, and then pour enough liquid laundry detergent on top to make a paste then let it sit awhile before a cold water wash

Might take a few times... but we’ve had success with wine, gravy, mud, grass stains, and grease
It brightens too

They make a decent carpet cleaner too

Now if we could just find something that worked half as well for stain removal on coloured clothing / items, without ruining them