Fashion & Beauty

Where to buy Premium/Luxury Dress Shoes?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 7:32 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 24, 2015
281 posts
161 upvotes

Where to buy Premium/Luxury Dress Shoes?

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a new pair of dress shoes. I want to get something nice and made of leather. I have decided I want to go with a something of better quality than I am used to. Typically, I have shopped at the following stores:

1. Aldo
2. Spring
3. Browns/B2
4. Steve Madden

I have reviewed all the shoes available at these stores and most do not interest me.

I want to go for something a little better and was wondering who else sells good quality dress shoes in Vancouver. I want to avoid buying online as I want to see the shoes in person and try them on. My budget is $150 to $300.

Can anyone recommend higher quality dress shoe brands and also some shoe stores that I should visit?

Also, has anyone ever owned a pair of Luca Del Forte shoes from Browns? So far, this is the closest pair of what I am looking for but want to make sure its good quality from people who have worn them before.

https://www.brownsshoes.com/LUCA-DEL-FO ... wn&start=1

Thanks
15 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17103 posts
14499 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Check out Browns Shoes
https://www.brownsshoes.com/2104/2104,d ... efv1=brown

They pretty much are the last of the top end Cdn Shoe Store
Otherwise, you gotta go to a place like Harry Rosen’s, or a Dept Store

The important thing with dress shoes is ya gotta treat them right
and they’ll treat you right
You can have them for years
Resole / Reheel as necessary

If you are wearing them everyday for work
Buy 2 pairs
Cuz good shoes (like a good suit) should have a chance to rest / air out between airings
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42753 posts
6945 upvotes
Allen Edmonds. They are having a factory seconds sale in the US. Also they're sold in Nordstorm Canada stores (online and in store) + Harry Rosen (call to confirm).

If you want to go Bespoke/custom, then London Bespoke Club. I have a pair of Allen Edmonds from 2015 and with proper car + moderate usage, and they're still holding up.
Blanka
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13634 posts
2394 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Check out Marshalls.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Jan 18, 2017
721 posts
325 upvotes
+1 to Allen Edmonds though their quality may have suffered recently.

There's also Carmina, Meermin Mallorca, and Loake.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4580 posts
2105 upvotes
I'm a big fan of Allen Edmonds... once I drove to Port Washington, WI to the mythical outlet known as the "Shoe Bank". I wanted to see it in person.

HOWEVER.... I also like Cole Haan. It's a better value in Canada (assuming you are shopping locally). They have a wide range of quality, from the cheaply made to the very-well made. Sometimes you can find them at Marshall's / Winners. There's the store at Vaughan Mills. Etc. etc. Check them out.

For Cole Haan, I don't ever buy their shoes with rubber soles, and I would not recommend them. Leather soles or nothing.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1467 posts
653 upvotes
Toronto
You can check out Loding as an alternative
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1620 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
ECCO.

I could personally recommend the Helsinki slip-on. Good quality and very comfortable.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9650 posts
1879 upvotes
Toronto
Ronsons carried Loake in the past at exceptional prices but seems not anymore.
There was a thread on here that Dak's had made a comeback, but haven't heard much about them.
The Bay has some decent brands like Paul Smith.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2008
1255 posts
47 upvotes
Markham
I really like Cole Han Dress shoes especially the line with memory foam padding, extremely comfortable. I was able to find a pair at nordstorm for 120 dollars.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10019 posts
1205 upvotes
Mississauga
Louboutins bro
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 35-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Dec 3, 2018
358 posts
380 upvotes
I was in the same boat as you but I had lesser budget ($100-150) and the best option I found is the hudson bay. They have better prices, many brands at one place.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8694 posts
2613 upvotes
Mississauga
l'Intervalle
https://lintervalleshoes.com/

The women's shoes are extremely comfortable and long lasting. If that's any indication, then the men's shoes should be the same.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.