Home & Garden

Where to buy pressure treated wood for fence?

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2021 5:44 pm
[OP]
Mar 23, 2015
163 posts
9 upvotes
Burlington, ON

Where to buy pressure treated wood for fence?

Hi Guys,

I need to rebuild my fence and need following:

• 6 - 4x4 or 6x6 posts
  • 148 – wood fence board
  • 14 – 2x4 that will go between post and to which fence boards are going to be attached
  • Some other wood that will go on top of main fence

I was looking to buy these items at home depot or lowes and I am looking at around $2k for those materials, if I am going to buy them from these two stores.

I was wondering if there is better place to buy those materials at a better price? I live in Canada, Burlington, Ontario.

One more question, should I go with all pressure treated wood for all of them or only the once that touch earth?

Please let me know and thank you,

Ildasm
6 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17176 posts
19063 upvotes
Oakville
Ildasm wrote: Hi Guys,

I need to rebuild my fence and need following:

• 6 - 4x4 or 6x6 posts
  • 148 – wood fence board
  • 14 – 2x4 that will go between post and to which fence boards are going to be attached
  • Some other wood that will go on top of main fence

I was looking to buy these items at home depot or lowes and I am looking at around $2k for those materials, if I am going to buy them from these two stores.

I was wondering if there is better place to buy those materials at a better price? I live in Canada, Burlington, Ontario.

One more question, should I go with all pressure treated wood for all of them or only the once that touch earth?

Please let me know and thank you,

Ildasm
You need a time machine to go back in time. Maybe try your local lumber yards, like Turkstra https://www.google.ca/maps/search/lumbe ... 169367,11z
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Oct 13, 2013
16 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Just got wood for 80ft of fence (6ft high) came out to around $3k with taxes
[OP]
Mar 23, 2015
163 posts
9 upvotes
Burlington, ON
eateatraptor wrote: Just got wood for 80ft of fence (6ft high) came out to around $3k with taxes
Doing 52ft of fence 6ft high