Where to Buy a Raspberry Pi

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2022 10:18 am
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36348 posts
9611 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
ES_Revenge wrote: Specifically I'm looking for a 3b but definitely not paying $100 USD for one. Need a 3b specifically 'cause will be running someone's code/image on it and apparently he never updated or changed it to be compatible with any other version so needs to be a 3b.
I have a few spare 3B units that I will let go with the case for 65$ - Brand New units

I have a few Asus Tinker Boards too.
Dec 6, 2020
937 posts
1043 upvotes
JHW wrote: Hopefully the supply-chain issues get sorted out soon.
Unfortunately there are only limited prospects for improvement on the horizon. Most of the remaining shortages are caused by the Americans refusing to accept China's progress up the economic value chain, and by the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Neither of these issues are likely to be resolved any time soon.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
Gee wrote: I have a few spare 3B units that I will let go with the case for 65$ - Brand New units
Uh yeah I will take you up on that offer! :) Will send you a PM!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7234 posts
4888 upvotes
SW ON
middleofnowhere wrote: Unfortunately there are only limited prospects for improvement on the horizon. Most of the remaining shortages are caused by the Americans refusing to accept China's progress up the economic value chain, and by the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Neither of these issues are likely to be resolved any time soon.
Are the low grade Broadcom chips really a problem? My 3B+ box says "Made in United Kingdom", so it must be the chips. It looks like RPis use Broadcom CPUs designed specifically for Rpis. Maybe Broadcom is busy producing chips for others and ignores RPi...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7835 posts
8528 upvotes
Vancouver
There are occasionally some decent package deals. I bought the $99 Pi-Top Pi4 from this deal: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-bu ... t-2494338/

It's a nicely packaged and assembled Pi4 with case, ps, fan, speaker, cables etc., and some added bonuses:
- built-in 5-hr rechargeable battery for mobile use (e.g,, control unit on a robot)
- built-in OLED mini-display panel and 4 programmable control buttons
- supplied connection headers for built-in module connection board

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)