None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1527 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto

Where to buy Sausage Patties?

I've looking around at grocery stores for Sausage Patties to use for Breakfast Sandwiches and etc, but I cannot find it anywhere. I've checked out Walmart, No Grills, Costco and etc, but cannot find any store that sells it.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1357 posts
966 upvotes
Etobicoke
you are probably not looking hard enough . Ask for breakfast patties. Saw them today at no frills....not sure about no grills.

PC Blue Menu Breakfast Sandwich Pork Sausage
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
549 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Metro has Johnsonville patties. Sometimes RCSS has them.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Nov 6, 2014
830 posts
1414 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Freshco has Marc Angelo brand in the frozen section $7 per pack.
Dec 11, 2012
293 posts
917 upvotes
Waterloo
You can find them with all the other frozen breakfast items like sausage links, they can be found at any Loblaw's, Superstore, Freshco, No Frills for sure. Just ask an employee next time lol
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13362 posts
2703 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Problem is store bought patties are NOT the same as Mickey D's. Not the same size and they shrink when cooked. Argh...
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3939 posts
1599 upvotes
Scarborough
Stay away from Marc Angelo's sausage patties (Price Chopper aka FreshCo). They are very strong in flavor and it overpowers everything else you eat it with, it's as if they pound on the cayenne pepper or something. The PC is also not quite the same, I too was looking for something similar to McDonalds/Timmies but I haven't come across any yet. All we need is someone from McDonalds to just paste the name of the food distributor that's labelled on the box and I can take care of the rest.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13362 posts
2703 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
OrangeBerry wrote: Stay away from Marc Angelo's sausage patties (Price Chopper aka FreshCo). They are very strong in flavor and it overpowers everything else you eat it with, it's as if they pound on the cayenne pepper or something. The PC is also not quite the same, I too was looking for something similar to McDonalds/Timmies but I haven't come across any yet. All we need is someone from McDonalds to just paste the name of the food distributor that's labelled on the box and I can take care of the rest.
I was looking for the exact same thing coupla yrs back. Cannot find who supplies Mickey D's... I'm thinking it's a custom job only for Mickey D's and they do not distribute it anywhere else (aka exclusive deal contract).
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13362 posts
2703 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
aznnorth wrote: I was looking for the exact same thing coupla yrs back. Cannot find who supplies Mickey D's... I'm thinking it's a custom job only for Mickey D's and they do not distribute it anywhere else (aka exclusive deal contract).
Yup, exactly as I thought... here's Mickey D's answer on their UK site. I'm sure it's similar in every country they operate.
Our sausage patties are made specifically for McDonald’s to a special recipe – using whole cuts of British Freedom Food pork and sage seasoning. Unfortunately it’s therefore not possible to buy them from either a McDonald’s restaurant or direct from our suppliers.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13362 posts
2703 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
airmail wrote: Walmart usa
And how does that help us in Canada?? Next...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27826 posts
13425 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: And how does that help us in Canada?? Next...
Quite a lot of the Canadian population lives within a reasonable driving distance to the US.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2711 upvotes
ON
aznnorth wrote: I was looking for the exact same thing coupla yrs back. Cannot find who supplies Mickey D's... I'm thinking it's a custom job only for Mickey D's and they do not distribute it anywhere else (aka exclusive deal contract).
Correct. I was a manager at one a few years back. Actually coordinated deliveries most weeks, too.
90%+ of all products are McDonald's branded, made specifically for them in exact sizes, pouches, boxes, etc for their containers, dispensers, etc.
There are no supplier names, just mcds logo and related info.
The only products that were real brands were things like the pop BIBs, and items that weren't necessarily permanent that they hadn't arranged their own version of yet. E.g. 'light mayo' was actually Hellman's bottles that you could find in a grocery store.

Even if you talk to someone that works there, they can't get you any useful information from the box on who makes it. Even I didn't have that from the computer. We just ordered a certain product number from Brower and it arrived.
Jul 20, 2012
700 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
Maple Leaf has breakfast sausages. Loblaws has them. They're where the hot dogs are. They're pretty small once heated. They're no where near the taste of Mc. D's or Tim's. There must be better ones out there.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13362 posts
2703 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
aqnd wrote: Correct. I was a manager at one a few years back. Actually coordinated deliveries most weeks, too.
90%+ of all products are McDonald's branded, made specifically for them in exact sizes, pouches, boxes, etc for their containers, dispensers, etc.
There are no supplier names, just mcds logo and related info.
The only products that were real brands were things like the pop BIBs, and items that weren't necessarily permanent that they hadn't arranged their own version of yet. E.g. 'light mayo' was actually Hellman's bottles that you could find in a grocery store.

Even if you talk to someone that works there, they can't get you any useful information from the box on who makes it. Even I didn't have that from the computer. We just ordered a certain product number from Brower and it arrived.
GPS the trucks. lol. They must load from somewhere.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13362 posts
2703 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
death_hawk wrote: Quite a lot of the Canadian population lives within a reasonable driving distance to the US.
And a greater majority dont... *side eye*
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
1016 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
Super easy to make your own (no different than making a hamburger patty). Google for recipes.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2711 upvotes
ON
CanuckGreg wrote: Super easy to make your own (no different than making a hamburger patty). Google for recipes.
Pretty sure anyone can make a sausage.
It's the exact spice blend they want. I've tried many recipes online, but none come close to the restaurant spices/taste.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2509 posts
244 upvotes
Whitby
I don't think McDonald's patties are overly complex, mostly salt, pepper and maybe a hint of sage. If you try to make them at home, the more important things to consider are keeping the pork around 25 to 35 percent fat to keep the texture correct. Also, a digital scale to keep the raw weight around 2.5 ounces and a patty press for consistent thickness. Freeze and cook from frozen.

I make my own batches 5 pounds at a time and freeze them in a round Lock & Lock style containers that match the diameter of the pressed patties perfectly. I use deli film to keep them separated and fry them up as needed.