Home & Garden

Where to buy soundproof blanket in Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2021 8:36 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
4100 posts
957 upvotes

Where to buy soundproof blanket in Toronto?

Hi All,

Looking to buy a soundproof blanket to hang over a door to reduce the noise coming from the door and the air gaps around it.

Google seems to only show the regular moving blankets. I'm looking for something more along the lines of this (only sold in US):
https://www.vocalboothtogo.com/acoustic ... ja-pathway

Anyone know where to get something similar?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Ended up ordering from the website. They do ship to Canada.
12 replies
Mar 6, 2015
44 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is there something like that this that I could hang on the ceiling to lower the amount of noise rising upwards?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5108 posts
971 upvotes
T.
uses a foam egg crate matress topper.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
4100 posts
957 upvotes
Actually, I ordered from the website. They do ship to Canada, but there's a $46 shipping fee! and I'm guessing I'll be hit with some duties. Hope they're worth it.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
27049 posts
11478 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Let us know how it does
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1024 posts
104 upvotes
Maple
If one hangs such a blanket around the door, would it impede airflow at such a rate so as to make the room inside stuffy? Assume of course there is an air vent inside the room that's open.
Dec 10, 2015
8 posts
Mississauga, ON
Was wondering this myself no way i'm going to use vocalboothtogo the USD price and shipping is astronomical gotta be a place locally in ontario or in canada that sells sound proof blankets that are the same quality or better
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1272 posts
823 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
Well I went to order 2 Producers Choice Blankets online from that U.S. company but it comes to $272 Canadian. Yikes. Deets below.
From what I've read though, moving blankets don't do much if you're building a DIY recording booth. (And want to be able to put it up and down easily)

Anyone else have a Canadian source to suggest?

YOUR ORDER
PRODUCT SUBTOTAL
VB71-G Acoustic Blanket Producers Choice Black (80" H x 80" W) WITH GROMMETS × 2 $105.36
Subtotal $105.36
Shipping
FedEx Ground: $56.03
FedEx International Economy: $71.12
FedEx International Priority: $66.48
Duty, Taxes and Fees Canada $63.42
Tax $0.00
Total $224.81
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5062 posts
1647 upvotes
Richmond Hill
My first thought on seeing title was "so that other's can't hear what you doin under there?!"
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1272 posts
823 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
Well, I got some advice from a friend in Toronto who has a business helping people build home studios. And the Vocalboothtogo.com Producers Choice blankets she says are the best. She says Moving blankets are a cheaper alternative, but not as good.

So I bit the bullet. No deal here, sorry bargain hunters, lol! If they could be purchased in the states it would obviously be much cheaper.

https://www.vocalboothtogo.com
Last edited by MooseOnLoose on Jun 2nd, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)