• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2021 11:06 am
[OP]
Dec 29, 2004
448 posts
587 upvotes
SWO

Where to buy T5 led bulbs.

Our builder put in T5 florescent fixtures for our kitchen undercabinet lighting. The fixtures are 12, 22 and 34 inches.

Even finding replacement florescent bulbs (in all the same colour temperature) has proven challenging, whenever a bulb blows. No one seems to carry all three sizes. This is hitting the usual suspects - big box stores.

Had another bulb blow, now thinking it would be nice to switch to T5 LED tubes. But once again I'm having issues finding bulbs. Eg: Lowes has a 12 and 21 (not 22...) inch Philips, and no 34.

Any suggestions where to try?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5793 posts
2556 upvotes
Durham
da_123 wrote: Our builder put in T5 florescent fixtures for our kitchen undercabinet lighting. The fixtures are 12, 22 and 34 inches.

Even finding replacement florescent bulbs (in all the same colour temperature) has proven challenging, whenever a bulb blows. No one seems to carry all three sizes. This is hitting the usual suspects - big box stores.

Had another bulb blow, now thinking it would be nice to switch to T5 LED tubes. But once again I'm having issues finding bulbs. Eg: Lowes has a 12 and 21 (not 22...) inch Philips, and no 34.

Any suggestions where to try?
Amazon??

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=T5+LED&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
[OP]
Dec 29, 2004
448 posts
587 upvotes
SWO
Amazon was the first place I looked, not really seeing anything where they have all three sizes from the same size/vendor. Don't want to mix.

I took the easy way out. I found a 22 inch fluorescent the right colour temperature at Home Hardware for $18.49. A rip-off, but buys time to kick this down the road. Hopefully have more time to source and swap out the T5 fixtures, when our kids are out of the toddler stage. Or maybe it will become easier to find T5 LEDs.
Jul 5, 2020
8 posts
7 upvotes
Costco $13.99 for 2. IN STORE not online ,online shws $32.99, got them few day ago

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)