Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2133 posts
756 upvotes
Toronto

Where to buy watches?

Sometimes winners has them but that's a spotty place to buy a good watch.
So setting aside places like costco, and amazon, or the warhouse sales. What are some good websites/stores to buy decently priced watches? Hopefully in the 50-150 dollar range, ~200 if it'll last a very long time
That's not a knife!
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2401 posts
727 upvotes
Calgary
dealo'day wrote: Sometimes winners has them but that's a spotty place to buy a good watch.
So setting aside places like costco, and amazon, or the warhouse sales. What are some good websites/stores to buy decently priced watches? Hopefully in the 50-150 dollar range, ~200 if it'll last a very long time
Why not Costco and Amazon? Seriously those two are the best places to buy, The other place would be the Bay when they have watch sales.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8245 posts
1785 upvotes
Toronto
For watches in the range you're looking for, I'd just buy from The Bay. They commonly have watches on sale for 25% off, and sometimes up to 35% off if you are patient enough to wait.
Feb 7, 2019
194 posts
109 upvotes
Fossil. I bought mine for $130 and it's the 4th year now and I have no complaint for it.
Jun 4, 2013
472 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
dealo'day wrote: Sometimes winners has them but that's a spotty place to buy a good watch.
The Bay. Don't buy online you aren't sure if the watch is real and a lot of times The Bay have sales which is cheaper than online and you can see it in person.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5243 posts
1938 upvotes
Debtario
For a $200 budget your options are limited to at best Seiko 5 automatics or quartz tissot and some Citizen watches on sale. The Bay carries a good selection, just need to wait for sales.

For maximum value id go with a Casio MDV-106 for $50, or if you want an automatic then Invicta 8926C (looks almost 1:1 to a rolex sub, Seiko parts inside) for $90-100 on sale.

Just about any watch can last a very long time if properly cared for, even "cheap" department store Timex watches. Automatics will need service, quartz can last forever with regular battery changes.
Asoul wrote: Why not Costco and Amazon? Seriously those two are the best places to buy, The other place would be the Bay when they have watch sales.
+1 Costco carries some amazing watches often priced as if USD/CAD were at par, seen very nice automatics from Oris, Tissot, Raymond Weil, even Tag, Breitling, and Omega. Only catch is selection varies by location and season.

Haven't seen much on Amazon lately, maybe I haven't been looking hard.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10788 posts
3328 upvotes
I have bought my watches at Costco and The Bay.

I like The Bay because stores typically have a watch repairman in house and they have great sales and clearances at times.