• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 11:19 am
[OP]
Oct 30, 2017
453 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto

Where to buy whole branzino

Can someone recommend a place in the GTA to buy a whole branzino, hopefully at a price that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

I was interested in grilling the whole fish.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11720 posts
1598 upvotes
If you're near Diana's seafood always start there.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2017
453 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote: If you're near Diana's seafood always start there.
I went there once but didn't find their selection to be that great, and their prices are high. I will try again some time in the future but I'll call them first to see if they have it in stock.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11720 posts
1598 upvotes
MetalGear wrote: I went there once but didn't find their selection to be that great, and their prices are high. I will try again some time in the future but I'll call them first to see if they have it in stock.
What place have you been that has better selection? Prices are reasonable to me. For cheapest prices you need to go to the big Asian supermarkets.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12593 posts
7320 upvotes
Markham
Sunny Supermarket at Leslie and Finch is one of the better markets for fresh fish. If you're in the area check them out.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3965 posts
1843 upvotes
Mississauga
MetalGear wrote: Can someone recommend a place in the GTA to buy a whole branzino, hopefully at a price that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

I was interested in grilling the whole fish.
Fancy name for nothing more than a European Seabass. You can find them in any seafood shop. In Mississauga: Whole Foods, Asian Markets etc. $8.99/lbs when NOT on sale.