Home & Garden

Where can I buy 8 feet high kitchen closet from?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2023 1:34 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2010
820 posts
333 upvotes
Brampton

Where can I buy 8 feet high kitchen closet from?

I want to buy a kitchen pantry closet similar to the attached picture. This one is from floor to ceiling so 8 feet high with 4 shelves. The ones I have seen in market are all 180 cms or less in height.
Does anyone have any idea how can I buy similar pantry closet? Are these supposed to be custom made - if yes how can I find the manufacturers in GTA?
Thanks, in advance, for any hints.
Images
  • Kitchen Pantry.jpg
7 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1166 posts
2068 upvotes
Toronto
You could go with custom cabinet but that will be expensive. Why not just buy one 36" cabinet and two 30" upper cabinets and stack them on top of each other to get the full 96"?

If I only have a 8ft ceiling, I would go with three sets of 30" cabinet. Leaving 4" at the bottom for the toe kick and 2 inch on the top for a small crown moulding. That will tie it all in and give you that "custom built-in" look.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2011
1198 posts
618 upvotes
GTA
Maybe ikea might have something that works, look at kitchen and wardrobe stuff.
[OP]
Mar 6, 2010
820 posts
333 upvotes
Brampton
PCShutters wrote: You could go with custom cabinet but that will be expensive. Why not just buy one 36" cabinet and two 30" upper cabinets and stack them on top of each other to get the full 96"?

If I only have a 8ft ceiling, I would go with three sets of 30" cabinet. Leaving 4" at the bottom for the toe kick and 2 inch on the top for a small crown moulding. That will tie it all in and give you that "custom built-in" look.
It can be done but in general I would feel more comfortable having something similar from functionality and aesthetics perspective
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23533 posts
22496 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
luking wrote: It can be done but in general I would feel more comfortable having something similar from functionality and aesthetics perspective
Well if you are then H3LL bent on spending more money …
Just go custom

You can find Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Showrooms via GOOGLE

Also at Big Box DIY Stores like Home Depot & Lowe’s

Or … you want truly custom … look for a Furniture Maker / Cabinet Maker

Personally … I think it a waste of money if it’s just an add on for a regular non Custom Kitchen set up

Buy off the shelf cabinets … IKEA is fine. Configure as needed. Buy a door or doors to fit. Done.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6418 posts
3005 upvotes
Durham
luking wrote: how can I find the manufacturers in GTA?
Thanks, in advance, for any hints.
Google? Open a browser google select words like "kitchen pantry cabinet custom size manufacturers Brampton area"
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2