Food & Drink

Where can i buy duck legs?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2019 12:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5629 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto

Where can i buy duck legs?

I want to buy only the duck legs, where could i get em?
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2947 upvotes
it's free why buy it? Go to any pond and look for a duck and carry a switchblade.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 16, 2010
6581 posts
3656 upvotes
Aurora
Kiraly wrote: Chinatown. For anything more specific, you're gonna need to post your location. Allow me:

Image
Lol. I'm at 123 Main St, Mercury. Anywhere close that doesn't require an Epstein interplanetary fusion drive?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
Even grocery stores have them now. Not at a good price mind you, but they have them sometimes.
badOne wrote: it's free why buy it? Go to any pond and look for a duck and carry a switchblade.
Would you fight a duck sized horse or a horse sized duck?
Side note: Where do I get this horse sized duck? I want a lot of confit.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
44639 posts
7742 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
any grocery store. It is a common item unless you are in a tiny tiny market in the middle of no where. But shoot.. I even saw frozen duckbreast at the foodland near huntsville, ontario. Not a tiny tiny town... but a small municipality thats for sure.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
12112 posts
6996 upvotes
Markham
OP ...you need to post a location since you don't have one in your profile -> fix that please.

Best place to buy...go to the source : King Cole Duck retail store on Warden just north of Aurora rd. $22 for 2 kg (price from earlier this yr).
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2947 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Even grocery stores have them now. Not at a good price mind you, but they have them sometimes.



Would you fight a duck sized horse or a horse sized duck?
Side note: Where do I get this horse sized duck? I want a lot of confit.
Any idea where to find pig feet and cow tail? Preferably free...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
badOne wrote: Any idea where to find pig feet and cow tail? Preferably free...
Neither of those are going to be free.
Both of them are extremely popular with Asian populations (and now others because they're delicious).
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 16, 2010
6581 posts
3656 upvotes
Aurora
badOne wrote:
Any idea where to find pig feet and cow tail? Preferably free...
death_hawk wrote: Neither of those are going to be free.
Both of them are extremely popular with Asian populations (and now others because they're delicious).
Yep, Asian grocery stores are good for these items. Typical example like last week's flyer at First Choice Grocery on Kennedy in Markham:
.
Feet-FirstCoiceGrocery-KennedyMarkham.PNG
OxTail-FirstCoiceGrocery-KennedyMarkham.PNG
.
I sometimes splurge on Oxtail but IMO beef neck bone works really well as a replacement and you can get it at less than half the price of oxtail. Oh, while we're at it, why not pick up some succulent pig noses at Seasons Smiling Face With Open Mouth ? (OK, no, I've never had pig nose before).
.
Nose-Seasons.PNG
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
DiceMan wrote: Oh, while we're at it, why not pick up some succulent pig noses at Seasons
<3 Pigs.
You can truly eat everything but the oink.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2947 upvotes
can I assume they used many q-tips to clean the inside of the pig nose, both nostrils?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5629 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: OP ...you need to post a location since you don't have one in your profile -> fix that please.

Best place to buy...go to the source : King Cole Duck retail store on Warden just north of Aurora rd. $22 for 2 kg (price from earlier this yr).
I don't want the whole duck though, just the legs
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5629 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
So anybody know where to get raw duck legs (ONLY) in Toronto? Preferably not frozen

"any grocery store" really doesn't help because I've checked a bunch of grocery stores and none have it, only frozen whole duck.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
12112 posts
6996 upvotes
Markham
fightbriz wrote: I don't want the whole duck though, just the legs
Yes it's a BAG of duck legs - nothing but the legs. There are approx 8 legs in the bag.

I've made duck confit legs (sous vided and regular method), peking duck legs, persian Fesenjen
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5629 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: Yes it's a BAG of duck legs - nothing but the legs. There are approx 8 legs in the bag.

I've made duck confit legs (sous vided and regular method), peking duck legs, persian Fesenjen
Oh amazing! I want to do the sous vide duck confit...

This King Cole Ducks is really far though, any distributors in Toronto? Thank you so much.

Also, what's your time/temp and method for sv duck confit?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
12112 posts
6996 upvotes
Markham
fightbriz wrote: Oh amazing! I want to do the sous vide duck confit...

This King Cole Ducks is really far though, any distributors in Toronto? Thank you so much.

Also, what's your time/temp and method for sv duck confit?
Worth the drive to Aurora for King Cole Duck.

There are recipes for Sous vide duck confit online...recommend you try different ones. Some recipes do not do a "cure" but I think it needs it. Temp: I think I did 180F for 8 hrs...still a work in progress. FYI if you're not happy with the texture after sous viding, consider doing a Duck confit Rillette with it.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/12/how ... onfit.html

Best part of sous vide duck confit is you don't need duck fat and you can likely store that vac sealed duck confit for weeks in the fridge or months in the freezer.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Top